2005 is not 2004

juddling

Checking out some of the Red Sox boards and chat as of late, they are mostly talking about a comback like last year vs. the Yank-me's. Dear Red Sox Nation....i give you four reasons why that will not happen:

1. No Pedro

2. No Lowe (single-handedly saved their asses last year)

3. No Foulke

4. Schilling isn't CLOSE to what he was last year

Am i saying The Pale Hose are gonna sweep...no...baseball is a crazy game and yes...until they lose the third game..they have a chance..but the four big keys that got you the championship last year aren't around.

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox2: :gosox1: :gosoxretro: :cheers

QUOTE(juddling @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 09:48 AM)
Checking out some of the Red Sox boards and chat as of late, they are mostly talking about a comback like last year vs. the Yank-me's.  Dear Red Sox Nation....i give you four reasons why that will not happen:

1. No Pedro

2. No Lowe (single-handedly saved their asses last year)

3. No Foulke

4. Schilling isn't CLOSE to what he was last year

Am i saying The Pale Hose are gonna sweep...no...baseball is a crazy game and yes...until they lose the third game..they have a chance..but the four big keys that got you the championship last year aren't around. 

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosox2:  :gosox1:  :gosoxretro:  :cheers

I agree. It's not impossible(as they've proven before), but it's going to be tougher than any other time they did it because of those factors.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)
this is the weakest red sox team since 1998.

Except for the fact that they won 95 games. This Red Sox team isn't to be trifled with.

The Sox have their best matchup in game 3. Garcia pitches well against the Red Sox, on the road, and during the day. Wakefield has been owned by the White Sox over his career, and by Aaron Rowand in particular.

When your opponent is drowning, you throw him an anvil. Game 3 is the f***ing anvil.

This is a MUST have game. You can't give them any confidence. The Red Sox offense scares the ever loving crap out of me. And they could put up two 10 spots on Garcia and Garland in games 3 & 4 and they could shift the momentum in the series. Tough to win game 5 even at home when the other team comes off the ropes swinging and stings you with two shots.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
Except for the fact that they won 95 games.  This Red Sox team isn't to be trifled with. 

The Sox have their best matchup in game 3.  Garcia pitches well against the Red Sox, on the road, and during the day.  Wakefield has been owned by the White Sox over his career, and by Aaron Rowand in particular.

When your opponent is drowning, you throw him an anvil.  Game 3 is the f***ing anvil. 

This is a MUST have game.  You can't give them any confidence.  The Red Sox offense scares the ever loving crap out of me.  And they could put up two 10 spots on Garcia and Garland in games 3 & 4 and they could shift the momentum in the series.  Tough to win game 5 even at home when the other team comes off the ropes swinging and stings you with two shots.

I agree BB. It's a sweep, or it's a b**** of a game on Sunday that can go either way.

I have NO faith in Garland against the Red Sox.

You forgot a few other reasons:

1) the White Sox play team baseball--the Yank-mes did not and still do not

2) the White Sox are the best road team in baseball

3) Freddy is awesome on the road

4) Freddy is awesome in day games

5) the Yank-mes were way overconfident last year when they were up 3-0, but the White Sox will be ready for the Red Sux, who will come out swinging

Let's destroy them!

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox1:

lets not get too overconfident...remember, we are the white sox...

game threes matchup is prolly the best we have , perhaps even better than game one was...if we lose it i'll be pretty dissappointed, because my nerves'll be gone

QUOTE(knightni @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 06:50 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised if the Angels win the series vs NY.

Facing the Angels in the ALCS would be a true challenge.

K-Rod scares the s*** out of me.

if you take out the sweep, we've played some great games v. the angels this year...including Dyes walk off that i was at

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)
Not when we were playing without some key personel.  When we were full strength we took 2 of 3 from them.

When we took 2 of 3 they were missing Vlad and K-Rod, I'd call that key personel for the opposition.