Harry Potter is Gay?!?!?

southsider2k5

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 03:33 PM)
Taylor is looking to get some attention by taking swipes at Rowling's characters.

Anyway, Harry has the hots for an Asian Hogwart's girl in the stories, right?  Cho is her name I think.

Uh-oh, someone hasn't read the 6th book yet. . .

books >>>>> movies

One exception off the top of my head - I would nominate The Godfather movies as superior to Puzo’s novel.

Re “not the only gay in the village” quote from the linked article: I just discovered Little Britain this year; am watching episodes from 2003. God, it is hysterical in parts. Trust those wacky Brits to do drag perfectly.

Edited by Mercy!

Both "The Shawshank Redemption" and "Stand By Me" are pretty close, if not better than, the literary versions from Stephen King's "Different Seasons."

Isn't ANY Stephen King movie adaptation << any Stephen King "literary" work?

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 11:04 PM)
Isn't ANY Stephen King movie adaptation

For most full-length novels that is true, with Carrie, the Shining, and possibly teh original Dead Zone being the exceptions.

For the short stories like hawshank and The Body (= Stand By Me) I'd say no, the fleshing out of the story in teh feature-length treatment gave the stories depth that the short stories didn't achieve.