Giambi - Comeback player of the year..

Steff

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
Wickman?

What did Giambi come back from? A sickness caused by steroids?

yes and he did it with class to. He is a guy that you root for. Unlike Bonds and Sosa who are real pricks Giambi is supposed to be a very nice guy. He made a mistake. However I'm sure he regrets doing it.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
I will throw out a name for you: Chris Widger.  The guy was playing softball a year ago and now he is back in the big leagues.

I like Widger, but that is ridiculous.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
yes and he did it with class to.  He is a guy that you root for.  Unlike Bonds and Sosa who are real pricks Giambi is supposed to be a very nice guy.  He made a mistake.  However I'm sure he regrets doing it.

He regrets getting caught. His big contract is because of what he put in his body. I don't feel sorry for him.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
yes and he did it with class to.  He is a guy that you root for.  Unlike Bonds and Sosa who are real pricks Giambi is supposed to be a very nice guy.  He made a mistake.  However I'm sure he regrets doing it.

Ummm wrong. I am sure he regrets that it got leaked. But I am pretty sure he doesnt regret roiding his was to a 180 million dollar contract.

You dont root for a roider, nice guy or not. A cheater is a cheater. And baseball just rewarded a cheater, thats bulls***.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 03:53 PM)
He regrets getting caught. His big contract is because of what he put in his body. I don't feel sorry for him.

you really think he was a bad hitter. He has a great eye at the plate and he has always been able to hit. A guy who was drafted in the 2nd round and played for the olympic team obviously has talent.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
Ummm wrong.  I am sure he regrets that it got leaked.  But I am pretty sure he doesnt regret roiding his was to a 180 million dollar contract.

You dont root for a roider, nice guy or not. A cheater is a cheater.  And baseball just rewarded a cheater, thats bulls***.

read what his brother Jeremy says. Both have learned that Steroids are wrong and that Kids should learn the danger of using them.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
read what his brother Jeremy says.  Both have learned that Steroids are wrong and that Kids should learn the danger of using them.

So all is forgiven because his brother admitted it was wrong? You are so off on this it is funny.

The guy never was penalized in the very least for being part of one of the biggest steroid scandals in the history of baseball, and you want me to just say "thats allright, your brother said you guys think it was wrong. Dont do it again Jason."

Ridiculous.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
So all is forgiven because his brother admitted it was wrong?  You are so off on this it is funny.

The guy never was penalized in the very least for being part of one of the biggest steroid scandals in the history of baseball, and you want me to just say "thats allright, your brother said you guys think it was wrong.  Dont do it again Jason."

Ridiculous.

no he said both of them. Look move on. He made a mistake. It's over and done. If any of you are still upset because frank got robbed of an MVP frank has moved on to. He said that Giambi deserved it.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
You are so off on this it is funny.

The guy used roids and by popular opinion robbed Frank of the MVP.. and that one is posting supporting comments about him. So off is an understatement.

Like I said above... there are some not so bright baseball fans out there folks.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 04:01 PM)
no he said both of them.  Look move on.  He made a mistake.  It's over and done.  If any of you are still upset because frank got robbed of an MVP frank has moved on to.  He said that Giambi deserved it.

Im upset that this guy roided for years and didnt get a slap on the wrist at the very least. Franks MVP is secondary. And yet you tell me to be hypocritical and root against guys like Bonds because they arent nice guys.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
I don't know if anyone will read it but....

Richie Sexson:

2004:  23G 90AB 20R 21H 9HR 23RBI .233AVG .337OBP  (Injured and out for season)

2005:  156G 558AB 99R 147H 39HR 121RBI .263AVG .369OBP

good points. And we know if he was roiding, he probably would be sorry about it too.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)

Yeah,let's all feel sorry for that poor steroid abuser who used them to get an edge above the competition.

Why don't you ask Frank what he thinks of Giambi? Frank losts million due to that cheater who f***ing lied to the entire fanbase of the MLB.

Remember the ESPN interview? "Did you ever use steroids?" (Paraphrasing) "No, and that's what upsets me because I worked my butt off and people make these kinds of accusations."

:headshake

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 04:01 PM)
no he said both of them.  Look move on.  He made a mistake.  It's over and done.  If any of you are still upset because frank got robbed of an MVP frank has moved on to.  He said that Giambi deserved it.

I'm pretty sure had Frank won that MVP in 2000, the Sox would've been unable to exercise the "Diminished Skills" clause costing Frank MILLIONS.

But it's all fair because Giambi said he's sorry.