Giambi - Comeback player of the year..

Steff

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
Given the context of this argument, thats just about the most stupid thing that you could say Josh.

she said there wouldn't be a link. Well she was wrong. Look get over it. It was in 2000. My god. Give credit to Giambi for having a great year and move on. If somebody on the sox got caught using steroids than you would be so quick to defend him.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
I believe I asked about a link to Giambi and Thomas living by each other or something like that. I don't believe that page contains this info.

"He's a friend of mine, and I see him all the time. We live in the same town (Las Vegas). It's one of those things where I'm not going to look back. I just want to go forward at this point. I'm happy that I'm almost healthy again and can go out and do what I do."

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
she said there wouldn't be a link.  Well she was wrong.  Look get over it.  It was in 2000.  My god.  Give credit to Giambi for having a great year and move on.  If somebody on the sox got caught using steroids than you would be so quick to defend him.

Stop while you are behind. I will not credit any cheater.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 04:37 PM)
But he and Frank are friends. He should be forgiven.

I forgot about that. That must mean that Frank is cool with the past use of steroids then. Wait a second, wouldnt that contradict his statement to congress?

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
she said there wouldn't be a link.  Well she was wrong.  Look get over it.  It was in 2000.  My god.  Give credit to Giambi for having a great year and move on.  If somebody on the sox got caught using steroids than you would be so quick to defend him.

Bulls***, if a player on the White Sox went down the way that Giambi went down, I would want his cheating ass off the team just as a lot of Yankees fans did with Giambi. I refuse to support anyone who would do something like that.

Semi-old topic, and this is going off the course of the main topic right now, but...

How about Mark Ellis? Injured last year, from what I have heard, was almost forced to retire due to nerve damage in his arm, and came back and hit very well to the tune of .316 13 52 .384/.477/.861 in about 480 PAs.

Add to that he's from South Dakota, albeit f***in Rapid City who is has a legion team that is just something f***in ridiculous(I think Post 320), so there is a little bit of hometown pride in me for him having a season like that.

Not your typical comeback player of the year, because he exceeded everything...but Esteban Loaiza didn't comeback from anything either in 03, and he had a very solid year, so I figured I'd throw it out there.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
you really think he was a bad hitter.  He has a great eye at the plate and he has always been able to hit.  A guy who was drafted in the 2nd round and played for the olympic team obviously has talent.

Really? Ask the Cubs about TY Griffth

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
Given the context of this argument, thats just about the most stupid thing that you could say Josh.

Consider the source...

Frank's over it...

"Thomas still is miffed over not winning his third MVP in 2000"

Sure sounds like it... :rolly

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 09:01 AM)
Giambi was a great contact hitter while in the minors.  He got on base at a good clip and hit the ball with frequency.  Steroids turned him into a homerun god and an AL MVP.

The fact is he cheated, and his old stature shouldnt count for anything.  As far as I am concerned, this may be the REAL Giambi for the first time, and he is not deserving of a comeback award.  IMO I dont think he should ever be eligible for any award, and I still think the AL MVP should be stripped.

I will keep repeating this statement.