Ticket Master and the ALCS

ChiSox9

QUOTE(BabyJesus69 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
selling tickets at the box office won't make a damn bit of difference.  brokers and scalpers will just pay crack addicts a few bucks to stand in line and wait.

the only way to stop this from happening would be to keep dumbasses from buying tickets from the brokers.

And then we have a half empty stadium, 50,000 attendance posts, and John Kruk calling us out on ESPN.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)

That is complete nonsense most everyone I know with multiple computers to access tickets got the same proxy error crap ........JOKE is on the real White Sox fans. :angry:

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE(BabyJesus69 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 11:04 PM)
selling tickets at the box office won't make a damn bit of difference.  brokers and scalpers will just pay crack addicts a few bucks to stand in line and wait.

the only way to stop this from happening would be to keep dumbasses from buying tickets from the brokers.

Bulls***, We would not get screwed as much as we did today. If we could wait in line we can "control our own destiny" and not depend on the flaws of the ticket master system.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
Bulls***, We would not get screwed as much as we did today. If we could wait in line we can "control our own destiny"  and not depend on the flaws of the ticket master system.

Again, the Sox org would only be able to realeas a token few tickets at the Cell box office, because MLB owns the tickets and they contract with Ticketmaster to sell them.

Do you remember how pissed off fans were after waiting in line and not being able to buy crappy blue busted upper deck chairs last year? How do you think it would go down if 10K people show up and wait overnight in line for 1,500 tickets?

That would be a P.R. nightmare for the Sox. The Ticketmaster bull is largely out of their control.

I'm really f***in pissed at this whole situation. I took a 5 hour train up and back to college for the games 1 and 2 tuesday and wednesday and was hoping if the sox get there to do the same for the alcs but like everyone else ticketmaster f***in sucked. Honestly, it seemed that a ton of soxtalkers and wsi'ers were at the games this week and that place was so f***in loud because all of the die hards were there, all of us who live and die by this team were there but now it seems like if we get to the alcs that most of us won't be there, if we get to the alcs it wouldn't surprise me at all if the park is much, much quieter. What a f***in joke that was today.

Just a thought but if everyone who purchased tickets were not allowed to just print them out and were required to pick them up the day of the game with Photo ID at Will Call a lot of these situations would be resolved. It is up to MLB to set up ticket will call trailers at the park for all fans! Doing it this way and only releasing the tickets prior to the game would cut down Brokers 10 fold! Just think, very few brokers would travel down to the park (mainly out of town brokers) to pick up tickets to bring them out to their facility. And with the way Ticket Master is suppose to work... they would be required to have Photo ID of the person who purchased the ticket! Just a thought!

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
Don't worry, I'm already prepping my speech for Soxfest to totally rip into the Sox, whoever is on stage at the time, for the way they have handled these ticket situations.

This is just awful.

The fans, like myself, who attend games regularly during the regular season when I can (I live 5 hrs away) get totally screwed and brokers end up with all of the good seats.

They sure will take your money for any series during the season when there's plenty of seats available.  But hell, when its on the line and the real FANS want to go, the f***ing tickets aren't available.

f***ing bulls*** if you ask me and I am going to let my feelings be known to Brooks or whoever else I need to embarass on stage.

It's not the Sox fault. They don't even control CS and WS tickets. MLB does.

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
Right... they must think we are stupid.  nothing wrong with the system my ass.  I sent Brooks a nice email regaurding this matter, can he do anything, probley not, but he always has an answer for everything, i want to know what excuse he uses this time

:headshake

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
Brooks does have something to do with this.  He is part of the group of people that say when the tickets go onsale and how you can buy the tickets.  One of the things I wanted from day one was for us to be able to buy tickets at the box office.  So yes Brooks does have A LOT to do with this.

:banghead

There's nothing Brooks Boyer could do about the crappy system ticketmaster uses except perhaps moving to get the Sox off ticketmaster, but then you are going to have the same problems at other sites. Scalpers have inside people everywhere they need them, and know all the tricks. I just find it funny that you are on ticketmaster and they say your wait is less than 1 minute, on the same screen it says don't refresh or hit the back button or you will lose your place in line, and then 32 minutes later it says you have a 15 minute or more wait. Someone is screwing with the system.

Considering how quickly tickets sell out on the internet, unless you are very close to the front of the line at the box office, you aren't going to get anything there either, that's why I agree with the decision not to sell them there. It would lead to a lot of people sleeping out only to get shut out.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 07:28 AM)
There's nothing Brooks Boyer could do about the crappy system ticketmaster uses except perhaps moving to get the Sox off ticketmaster, but then you are going to have the same problems at other sites. Scalpers have inside people everywhere they need them, and know all the tricks. I just find it funny that you are on ticketmaster and they say your wait is less than 1 minute, on the same screen it says don't refresh or hit the back button or you will lose your place in line, and then 32 minutes later it says you have a 15 minute or more wait. Someone is screwing with the system.

Considering how quickly tickets sell out on the internet, unless you are very close to the front of the line at the box office, you aren't going to get anything there either, that's why I agree with the decision not to sell them there. It would lead to a lot of people sleeping out only to get shut out.

And also lead to theft, fights, etc.

As bad as yesterday was, any potential World Series ticketing will be 100 times worse, book it.

You guys bothering Brooks and Scott about this stuff are barking up the wrong tree. These guys don't have even a miniscule say in the procedures for ticket sales. MLB dictates everything when it comes to playoff baseball tickets. EVERYTHING. They are the ones who decide who is going to distribute tickets. You all need to be writing MLB and ticketmaster, not the White Sox. All you are doing is truely wasting their time for stuff they could be actually doing for Sox fans.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
You guys bothering Brooks and Scott about this stuff are barking up the wrong tree.  These guys don't have even a miniscule say in the procedures for ticket sales.  MLB dictates everything when it comes to playoff baseball tickets.  EVERYTHING.  They are the ones who decide who is going to distribute tickets.  You all need to be writing MLB and ticketmaster, not the White Sox.  All you are doing is truely wasting their time for stuff they could be actually doing for Sox fans.

Put tickets on sale at the box office. Give me a good reason this can't be done.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 09:56 AM)
MLB CONTROLS CS AND WS TICKETS....

Ask them why...

I'll ask whoever I damn well please.... :P :wub:

It's just frustrating that when the Sox finally make it to a big game, I can't get in to see in for less than $300 or $400 dollars.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 08:55 AM)
Put tickets on sale at the box office. Give me a good reason this can't be done.

Two good reasons.

-MLB controls the rights to all post season tickets that don't go to season ticketholders.

-MLB has an exclusive contract with ticketmaster to sell any of its post season tickets.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 10:00 AM)
Pfftt....  :P

BTW.. sorry I missed the call. I was out like a light.. whatcha need?

Was going to tell you a funny story.

Was out last night, got introduced to a few people. One had a Cubs hat on. Guy with me asked if he was a Cub fan. Kid has the balls to say, no I'm a White Sox fan. What f***ing White Sox fan would actually wear a Cub hat? I wanted to kill the douche.

The main reasons why they don't put tix on sale at the box office:

- Crowd control

- Security, fights, theft

- People who'd complain they can't get to the box office

That's why doing it via phone/internet "supposedly" gives everyone an equal chance to get tix.

There would be long loud complaints no matter how they did it. It is simply supply and demand.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 09:01 AM)
Was going to tell you a funny story.

Was out last night, got introduced to a few people.  One had a Cubs hat on.  Guy with me asked if he was a Cub fan.  Kid has the balls to say, no I'm a White Sox fan.  What f***ing White Sox fan would actually wear a Cub hat?  I wanted to kill the douche.

LMAO.. I should have gotten up.

QUOTE(JimH @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
The main reasons why they don't put tix on sale at the box office:

- Crowd control

- Security, fights, theft

- People who'd complain they can't get to the box office

That's why doing it via phone/internet "supposedly" gives everyone an equal chance to get tix.

There would be long loud complaints no matter how they did it.  It is simply supply and demand.

I think the real reason I get pissed is all of the bandwagon jumpers who don't know Juan Uribe from Pablo Ozuna will be at the game while guys like myself, who can recite the Bristol pitching rotation in my sleep, will be stuck at home watching Joe Buck and Tim McCarver.... Get my drift.