Ticket Master and the ALCS

ChiSox9

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
I think steff said that they added more seats, I am not sure thought...Steff correct me if I am wrong...

I believe the attendance gets so high due to them filling the box suites. Remember, Jerry put in 2 rows of Box Suites...one above the club level and one below. Even during a sell-out game, half of those are full. The playoffs seem to have those mostly full. But a sellout does not require those be sold.

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
I think steff said that they added more seats, I am not sure thought...Steff correct me if I am wrong...

They added field seats.. not many. Maybe 200. But they also have cameras taking up the 1st row of scout seats and a few in the corners of the UD on both sides.

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
I wonder how they added more seats.  Are they just fold up chairs or what? and what does the ticket say if you got these seats?

They are first row along the lines. George Ryan sat in them Tuesday, and some other big wigs Wednesday. They are for the elite guests. :rolly

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
I believe the attendance gets so high due to them filling the box suites.  Remember, Jerry put in 2 rows of Box Suites...one above the club level and one below.  Even during a sell-out game, half of those are full.  The playoffs seem to have those mostly full.  But a sellout does not require those be sold.

From what I heard every single seat that a butt could occupy was occupied both Tuesday and Wednesday. I was told the difference in the #'s Tuesday to Wednesday was a corporate Patio outing.

QUOTE(Pods70Rowand33 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
Thanks for the replies...why don't they sell standing?

Liability. Where would they stand? On the lower concourse..? That's not fair to upper buyers. And they can't do it upstairs because you can't see the field from the upper concourse. It would be a nightmare.

I know all about the fun of ticketmaster using them for years myself. The funny thing that I found about the whole system is that I have used it when Dave Matthews Band has sold out 100,000 tickets over two nights at Soldier Field in 18 minutes and they never had a proxy error. Jimmy Buffett, Bruce Springstein, The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney and countless other acts can sell out there shows with tickets upwards and beyond 100,000 and there never be a proxy error. In my case I saw my tickets, had my info already registered, and chose my ticket method and after hitting submit then I got the proxy error. I believe there is something going on with ticketmaster, I agree with moving to a better system, and bulls*** if it would take hours to get into the park with a photo ID and a ticket. If every major airport can get people in and out of plans and through security in a timely manner why can't a ball park, with a much smaller volume. It pisses me off to no extent what happened to me with ticketmaster and I have to whole heartedly follow ChiSox9 on what he is doing. I am not following this because I want my tickets back, I am doing this because I am sick of not getting to go to events that I want and seeing them sold by brokers and on Ebay for crazy prices. Of course I can turn around right now and could of sold tickets a few weeks ago for Dave Matthews at Red Rocks for a few hundred maybe even thousand dollars, but why? I bought tickets because I am a huge fan and want to see the show. I even have sold my extras for face value or bellow, just so fans can go. This same sort of s*** happens every time I want to go to a Bears game. In the end, we who follow this and believe that Ticketmaster is wrong, should not only organize but make the big stink. Bring it up to Obama. Bring it to the federal level. I still believe that one voice can make a difference and in a country that is suppose to be free enterprise and a government that should be fighting monopolies, it should be our responsibility to fight back and be heard. Thank you ChiSox9 for starting this, I hope you and we can finish it.