David Wells

WinningUgly85

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
I remember Wells having back spasims during a game against the Cubs when he was with the Sox.  But what else did he do to piss us off.  I remember something about him leaving on bad terms or something.

Big Frank. When he said that Frank was faking his injury.

He stole $7 million (or thereabouts), reported fat and out of shape, said deal with it - that's how he pitches and he knows his body, and proceded to get hurt and miss most of the season because he's a fat load.

The following season he signed with the Yankees and showed up in great shape (relatively) and had a good year.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)
Well, you can look at it another way... some of the pitchers on the roster openly say Boomer taught them some great things when he was here.  So, is that worth it if we go on to win it all?

Mark Buehrle swears by Wells as his mentor.

By far, my least favorite ex Sox player.

Took a year off when came here. He only wanted to play in NY or Boston and when that didn't happen, he 'chilled' in Chicago.

Called Frank out in the press.

Was a total jerk at the bars, constantly dissing Chicago and getting hammered and into fights.