please let the story away...

Steve9347

Announcing update

Speaking of North, he still is in the running to join Ed Farmer in the Sox's radio booth on WSCR next year. While it seems impossible he could do his morning show and a full slate of games, it is likely North will have a role for home games. Also under consideration to be the new analyst is Steve Lyons. The former Sox player currently calls national games for Fox Sports and a partial slate for the Los Angeles Dodgers on television.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 07:57 AM)
Announcing update

Speaking of North, he still is in the running to join Ed Farmer in the Sox's radio booth on WSCR next year. While it seems impossible he could do his morning show and a full slate of games, it is likely North will have a role for home games. Also under consideration to be the new analyst is Steve Lyons. The former Sox player currently calls national games for Fox Sports and a partial slate for the Los Angeles Dodgers on television.

I like Steve Lyons...maybe he'll take his pants off in the booth.

Yeah, I am not too aware of what kind of a twit North might be, as his voice is so damned annoying I never listen long enough to find all of the bad points other than the annoying voice.

Lyons would be cool, and last night he started raving about the Sox during the Braves/Astros game, and seemed to have been shut up pretty quick. :D

Psycho would be fine, I like the way he calls games....

But as with the majority on this post...PLEASE GOD, NO MIKE NORTH.

When he does his jag-bag segment, he needs to do little else but look at his own dumb ass in the mirror. His voice is annoying, his opinions are idiotic, and he lacks the intellect to ever even try to fill the shoes of a good baseball announcer. I hate to say it folks, but I would rather listen to Santo's dumbass than Mike North.

:bang :bang :bang :bang :bang

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 08:04 AM)
I hate to say it folks, but I would rather listen to Santo's dumbass than Mike North.

:bang  :bang  :bang  :bang  :bang

oooooooooooooo, that's a tough one. I'd have to think about that for a while,

I'm thinking that the station has thrown his name out there as way to gain publicity for his radio show, which, as you probably know, is a hard sell trying to talk politics on a sports radio station (and all he and Anne Maxfield know are the talking points)....

I can't believe he's a serious candidate when there are the traditional baseball people like Steve Lyons interested.....

I'm sure though that North will have some involvement given his power at the Score, and his relationship with Reinsdorf, I just don't see it in the booth.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 07:41 AM)
According to Lyons last night during the Braves/Stros game, the White Sox won the World Series in 1919 and 1920.

Yeah, I forgot about that! LOL!!! I sat there trying to figure out if he thought maybe we won 1918 and 1919, or if he forgot that there was a year 1918 that followed 1917, and that we didn't really win 1919...or if he forgot about the years...oh...nevermind...but yeah...that was a good one I had forgotten about until you just mentioned it.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 07:41 AM)
According to Lyons last night during the Braves/Stros game, the White Sox won the World Series in 1919 and 1920.

I noticed that too. I've never been that found of the guy who nicknamed himself "Psycho", but he seems to do a decent job of annoucing.

I actually like North. **GASP**

He has a more comedic morning show, but he defiantly knows what he's talking about when he gets serious. However, most of the time on his show he is not, but I believe this would obviously be resolved if he took the job.

Now we just need him to actually talk about sports.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
I actually like North. **GASP**

He has a more comedic morning show, but he defiantly knows what he's talking about when he gets serious. However, most of the time on his show he is not, but I believe this would obviously be resolved if he took the job.

Now we just need him to actually talk about sports.

as a talk show host yes. I think he is pretty good. I actually learned to like his show.