Is Marte assured off the ALCS Roster?

White Sox Josh

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)
I only have one thing to say about this:

Ozzie is the only manager that could have simultaneosuly had his best decision, and worst decision, in the same half inning.

Hell fricking yes! Marte = Gone, McCarthy = Here.

I'm not so sure.  I'm not yet convinced that he will go into the next series with only one LH out of the pen.  Plus if Ozzie is one thing it is loyal.

I'm not saying keeping Marte is the right decision, but it would not surprise me if it happens.

I just hope that Ozzie finally realizes that there's no point to having an extra lefty in the bullpen if he gives up 2-strike hits and walks everyone.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
we know that yankee stadium has a short porch in right and that the more lefties coming out of the pen the better.....?  then again i would rather see Bmac on the squad at this point.

Right now with the Angels up 11-7 in the bottom of the 8th inning in game 3 of this series, I'm assuming they're going to win this game. That would put them up 2 games to 1 with which means they'd have 2 games to win 1. At this point, I think there's a damn good chance we see the Angels in the first round.

I wouldn't be suprised if he is. El Duque's going nowhere after tonight. That leaves B-Mac, Viz and Marte. B-Mac could be needed for game 5, so he's probably in.

So it's either Viz and Marte, and Viz hasn't even been used yet.