EAT SHIT CHRIS BERMAN!!!!!!!!!&#33

NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 09:15 PM)
Agreed.

The announcing for this entire series was a joke.  I love that our boys stuck it right up the media's ass, Berman included.  All I learned was that Berman is a Red Sawx fan and Mike Piazza likes to describe everything that happens in baseball as "firm."  Piazza is clueless but at least he wasn't biased like fatass.  Sutcliffe just switched sides and hyped up whatever team had the lead.  My God, where is Steve Stone?

Speaking of Piazza and "firm" does anyone recall when he said "The Kielbasa Connection" in game 1 when comparing AJ and Kluszewski (sp)? Uuuum, yeeaaah.

listen I can't quote word for word to you why berman was so bad, but MY LORD, can you give us ANY enthusiasm when we did big cool things. Only thing I'm gonna say, during the Konerko homerun, there was no back back back, just basically silence, DON"T RAIN ON MY PARADE WHEN YOUR A NATIONAL BROADCASTER FATTY

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
listen I can't quote word for word to you why berman was so bad, but MY LORD, can you give us ANY enthusiasm when we did big cool things.  Only thing I'm gonna say, during the Konerko homerun, there was no back back back, just basically silence, DON"T RAIN ON MY PARADE WHEN YOUR A NATIONAL BROADCASTER FATTY

The only enthusiastic call he gave the Sox all series were AJ's 1st HR in Game 1 and Pods HR in Game 1.

that konerko call was a great example, i had no idea it was a homerun until i saw him rounding the base, but for the ortiz home run, he gave a back back back BUT HE CAN"T GO BACK ANYMORE HOME RUN!!! what the f*** man wheres our HR call?

its fun that this is the only negative part of this series haha

Add to the fact he didn't give us any call on Konerko, the next manny HR he about jizzed his pants with his back back call, he then said A MISSLE so loud it hurt,  konerko's also went over the wall, but silence

Yeah, Berman went silent on Konerko's homer and Uribe and Pierzynski's doubles. What a piece of maggot-infested garbage Berman is.

Other than Berman being a total disgrace to every national play by play man, i have to put some blame on espn to. If you know that berman just CAN"T call it straight, then give us morgan and his guy, even though morgan is a jerk sometimes, he at least appreciates fundamental baseball and would have given us our due. Game 3 was a CLASSIC for all times, and every time they replay it i'm gonna have to listen to a game that was called in the most unproffesional way. Berman should seriously write a column saying in part that he did a poor job and give us the praise we deserve for a monumental win in our history.

classless. whatever way you look at it.

Other than that i just gotta say that 6th inning will live as one of the most unbelievable 58 minutes of baseball ever played that wasn't a 9th inning. wow

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Other than Berman being a total disgrace to every national play by play man, i have to put some blame on espn to.  If you know that berman just CAN"T call it straight, then give us morgan and his guy, even though morgan is a jerk sometimes, he at least appreciates fundamental baseball and would have given us our due.  Game 3 was a CLASSIC for all times, and every time they replay it i'm gonna have to listen to a game that was called in the most unproffesional way.  Berman should seriously write a column saying in part that he did a poor job and give us the praise we deserve for a monumental win in our history.

classless.  whatever way you look at it.

Other than that i just gotta say that 6th inning will live as one of the most unbelievable 58 minutes of baseball ever played that wasn't a 9th inning. wow

I hate Berman as much as anybody....and even moreso after this series...but good Lord...Joe Morgan just won't shut the f*** up during the Yanks game. He just went on...and on...and on...about the goofiest s*** just to fill the airspace....LATENT BLATHER! Finally I was just like, "DUDE...shut the f*** up!!!" I actually didn't mind Sutcliffe and Piazza. As inexperienced as Piazza was...at least he wasn't to complete biased horses ass Berman was.

i will never know because i am a diehard fan even thou living in SD i still know better to buy the f***ing mlb.com audio feed and listen to the pregame ingame & postgame shows with the fellas. i hate sutyuckyuckcliffe so bad that i wouldnt even turn the volume up for a sec. the only thing i ever heard him say was something about his granddaddy from new england and him being a kid and something like how it brought new england area together??? whatever dude! i am not surprised with anything to this point regarding the media. lets face it the redsox don't even know who the hell we are. they kept giving uribe fastballs to hit? dont they know he is a sucker for the low & away tailing stuff? espn sucks. they give us no coverage ever & then they give us a guy who is a diehard to broadcast? i wouldve enjoyed listening to the guys on NESN mo better.

Hey-hey-hey, goodbye, Berman!

Ed Sherman

October 8, 2005

So long to hearing endless stories about the Boston Red Sox. Goodbye to Babe Ruth, breaking the curse and blah, blah, blah.

And most of all, see you later, Chris Berman.

The White Sox spared their fans from hearing Berman call another one of their games on ESPN. Thank you, El Duque.

Berman was tolerable during the first two games, giving each side a fair shake. But Friday, he walked into Fenway Park, sniffed the Boston air and began to overdose on the Red Sox.

It almost felt like a Cubs fan hearing Ken Harrelson call one of the cross-town games. There is little question that "Boomer" is an enthusiastic guy, but he went too far in Boston's favor Friday.

Berman nearly jumped out of the booth on the calls for David Ortiz's and Manny Ramirez's back-to-back homers. He then almost hyperventilated, thinking Trot Nixon followed with a third straight homer. It turned out to be a routine fly.

In the sixth inning, while the White Sox scored two runs to take a 4-2 lead, Berman said, "The Red Sox can't let this game get away."

Then when Juan Uribe struck out to end the inning, he said, "Maybe that's the lift Boston needs." Huh?

The final two innings were excruciating as Berman started to eulogize the end of Boston's reign. He rhapsodized about how wonderful it has been in New England. It was enough to make me never want to watch "Cheers" again.

Berman also asked, "Could [boston] be low in the tank?" Boston had to be spent mentally to lose three in a row to the White Sox, right?

At that point, most White Sox fans wanted to throw their Nellie Fox bats at the television.

The White Sox, though, put viewers in a Berman-free zone for the rest of the postseason. Winning is sweet, isn't it?

WGN-Ch. 9 lost its picture briefly during the opening moments of the game. ESPN had warned the station beforehand there could be a technical issue with the sun affecting the satellite.

[email protected]

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)
Exactly.  What a classless thread.

Why is that? Berman was openly rooting for the Red Sox, thats pretty s***ty on a national telecast. This is where you are supposed to vent.

And it isnt as if we are the only people that noticed. Above this post is a small sample of Bermans quotes in Ed Shermans article.

The only thing classless was Berman. And this is coming from someone who really used to enjoy Berman.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 05:26 AM)
Why is that?  Berman was openly rooting for the Red Sox, thats pretty s***ty on a national telecast. This is where you are supposed to vent.

And it isnt as if we are the only people that noticed. Above this post is a small sample of Bermans quotes in Ed Shermans article.

The only thing classless was Berman. And this is coming from someone who really used to enjoy Berman.

Berman's Boston connection really didn't show whatsoever in this series. He just, as mentioned earlier in this thread, didn't do his homework on the White Sox very well.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:30 AM)
Berman's Boston connection really didn't show whatsoever in this series.  He just, as mentioned earlier in this thread, didn't do his homework on the White Sox very well.

His Boston connection was glaring in the 3rd game.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 05:31 AM)
His Boston connection was glaring in the 3rd game.

...because at the end of the game he said sometihng along the lines of "and the Red Sox will not repeat this season." They were the World Series Champions, it seems to apply here.

Edited by redandwhite

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:33 AM)
...because at the end of the game he said sometihng along the lines of "and the Red Sox will not repeat this season."  They were the World Series Champions, it seems to work for me.

Did you listen to the broadcast? This is a serious question because as of right now I don't think you did.