EL DUQUE = HERO!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

THE MAN HAS ICE WATER IN HIS VEINS.

BASES LOADED........NOBODY OUT?!?!?! NO f***ING PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE JUST STOOD THERE AND STARED AT ORTIZ AND RAMIREZ AND MOWED EM DOWN LIKE A COUPLE OF LITTLE LEAUGERS THE NEXT INNING.

THEN TOOK EM DOWN ANOTHER INNING WITH NO PROBLEM.

f*** YEAH

THIS ONES FOR YOU DUKE!!!!!

HELLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAH!!!!!

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

Thanks, El Duque.

Really nice to see him come through. I've wanted to root for him, throughout the year, even when he was giving us all heartaches.

And now there's reason to.

Regardless of what happens in the ALCS, that's a performance that will be remember by everyone.

Thanks, Orlando. :headbang

Marte had me worried, but Duque came in and got us out of a HUGE jam. Without him, Garcia has no chance for a win, and Jenks no chance for a save. The White Sox probably would have lost that game without Duque's performance. I'll be smiling for a long time. THIS IS f***ING AWESOME!!!!

HELL YEAH!!!!

DUQUE :notworthy

CWS :notworthy

:sweep: :notworthy

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
That was just incredible!  Duque was simply a god to get out of that.

I couldnt bear to watch during that inning so to pitch on that inning must take a lot of balls. Hands down for sure to Cool hand Duque!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember when in 1 of my high school games last season that my coach brought me in with the bases loaded and 0 outs and I proceeded to strike out the side and pitch 4 shut out innings vs Morgan Park....yeah, El Duque's feat is 100000000000000 times greater. Props to the DUKE!

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
I remember when in 1 of my high school games last season that my coach brought me in with the bases loaded and 0 outs and I proceeded to strike out the side and pitch 4 shut out innings vs Morgan Park....yeah, El Duque's feat is 100000000000000 times greater. Props to the DUKE!

Success like that at ANY level is to be congratualated! Those Morgan Park guys didn't just roll over and play dead.

You are the only poster on the board who knows how El Duque feels right now.

Great job by both of you.

The best part is I had to argue about KEEPING El Duque on the playoff roster on the thread on this message board a week ago.

And. This. Is. WHY.

El Duque is Mr. October.

Great job by you and great job by KW and Oz keeping him on the roster instead of Brandon, whose future is in front of him.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 11:58 PM)
The best part is I had to argue about KEEPING El Duque on the playoff roster on the thread on this message board a week ago.

Hernandez sucked hard during the regular season. The people who argued against him did so for righteous reasons. Not that I ever made a case for or against him, I'm just saying.

And now, he has somehow changed his terrible ways. Hey, I am all for it. I love it when a guy doesn't suck.

How important were those 3 outs?

Guillen decided to leave Freddy Garcia in at the beginning of the inning even though he had shown signs of losing his stuff in the fifth. Right on cue, Ramirez led off with a home run, almost a given at this point, to raise Boston's WPA to .410. Damaso Marte entered the game for the White Sox, a phrase that has given many a White Sox fan heart palpitations this year. True to form, Marte gave up a single and two walks, loading the bases and setting the stage for El Duque.

The WPA impact of those three plays, by the way, was .055, .088 and .108. Each runner on base made a Red Sox victory that much more probable.

El Duque went to work. The first batter, Jason Varitek, popped out to raise the White Sox's WPA from .338 to .440. The next batter, Tony Graffanino also popped out; WPA up to .558. And Johnny Damon struck out swinging on a wicked breaking ball he couldn't refuse. WPA up to .682. And just like that, Orlando Hernandez turned the game around, adding .341 points to Chicago's WPA in just three batters.