EL DUQUE = HERO!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

It's pretty clear that El Duque has a lot more arm-strength right now as opposed to when he was starting down the stretch. He was hitting 93 on the gun yesterday -- it's debatable whether or not he was really hitting 93, but you could tell that he was throwing harder.

That was such a ballsy move -- two of them actually. One, throwing Graff a breaking pitch on the inner half. And, next, throwing Damon one helluva slider 3-2 in such a crucial situation.

Speaking as a White Sox fan, that's the best performance I've ever seen in my 17-year life. That's one of those performances that everyone here will remember for a long, long time.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
Speaking as a White Sox fan, that's the best performance I've ever seen in my 17-year life.  That's one of those performances that everyone here will remember for a long, long time.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When El Duque came in, I was praying he would give up only one run. I probably doubted more than anyone the validity of him being a different pitcher in the postseason, but now I'm very thankful we have him to go to out of the pen from here on out. The bottom half of that 6th inning is something I will not soon forget.

Edited by 3E8

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
That preformance just made his White Sox legacy with the Sox.

Whatever is done in the future, and what has been done in the past goes for not. El Duque is the man.

...goes for naught. ;)

But, yes, this will forever be his shining moment with this organization.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
The best was when Pierzynski went to the mound and i think told him to throw the breaking ball than after Graffanino popped out Duque gave Pieryznski a high five.

AJ tried to talk El Duque into throwing the fastball. El Duque said slider.

Due to work and 5:00 wedding I couldn't watch the game, but as soon as the ceremony ended I rushed to the bar to find the TV......I saw the score and saw Paulie standing under a pop up....looked for the score saw 4-3 then saw THE BASES WERE LOADED!!!!

I just about s***. lol

Anyway, people started filing in "what's the score, who's winning" etc etc. I was in a room full of strangers and we did everything but hold hands together as we watched Duque do his thing. Graf popped up and the bar erupted.....Damon checked his swing and I noticed the home-plate ump point and call him out, but most everyone else seemed to be waiting for the appeal to 3rd base umpire...when they saw AJ throw the ball and run to the dugout probably 12-15 people I've never seen in my life came up and high 5'd me.

Even my wife's unlce who doesn't even like sports was high fiving people...f***in' incredible.

WAR EL DUQUE!!!!!