• Tadahito Iguchi
    • AJ Pierzinski
    • Juan Uribe
    • Scott Podsednik
    • Jose Contreras
    • El Duque
    • Aaron Rowand
    • Other (perhaps graffanino?)

It's hard to say as everyone stepped up big at one time or another, as has been the case all year, but I'm gonna go with A.J. because his home run set the tone for the series and he was consistent and of course he did a hell of a job handling the pitching staff. However, a strong case could be made for multiple players.

Edited by The Bones

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:38 AM)
There is no ALDS MVP, AJP was great, Uribe was great, PK! he saved us a lot, Jenks! Rowand for making some nice plays, GOOCH!! This was a team effort, hopefully they keep it going.

that's what makes this thread fun...its obviously not one person, if one player has to carry this team i doubt we'll make it to the ws...we executed soo good top to bottom, the only one i was dissappointed in...actually 2...were crede and marte

Our pitching definitley put it on them, I mean to dominate Manny and Ortiz that good was bad ass. Sure they hit some homers and hurt us but they didn't do anything to beat us. Good pitching beats good hitting and I hope they keep on pitching their asses off and that hitting just keeps bringing those runs in when we need them.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:40 AM)
I picked Contreras because he kind of dictated how the series went... Good pitching > good hitting.

i can see that...i think when he went out and dominated, i think everyone had to step back (not us fans) and say, hey, wait, you mean teams can be different from year to year?

QUOTE(bigred3535 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:56 AM)
Why all the hate on Crede? Great defense, as usual, and even laid down a very nice bunt. He did what he had to. He was better than Mueller, at any rate.

well, that botched play where he kicked it behind the back stop, and the not an error, but the play where damon hit it right at him and he didn't scoop it...thats why...

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
"And the Red Sox dream of repeating as World Series Champions is over."

It really should have been a call for a White Sox winner but no, he calls it as a Red Sox loser.

I would have appreciated an unbiased announcer for this series but ESPN doesn't give a s*** now do they?

Anyway, it was a great game by the Sox, they did it

:gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :g :stick osox2: :fight :chair :fight :chair :fight :chair :bang :lolhitting :lolhitting :canada

Edited by SoxRock192

The correct answer is Everyone But Marte.

Damaso has become a waste of skin. My heart sank when he came in tonight, and I was yelling 'what about Hernandez?' at the TV.

Great part about tonight for me, I took the family to the neighborhood Irish pub to watch the game and the place was absolutely crawling with arrogant Red Sox bandwaggoners like you might expect.

Watching my 7 and 6 yaer olds give them all a little 'Na Na Na Na.... ' at the en of the night when it was all said and done. . .

PRICELESS!!

:gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox3:

Consistantly during the series, AJ kept our pitchers heads in the games and don't forget: He was the second part of the battery tonight with El Duque and did a great job getting OH to throw some of those huge breaking balls. He had a great offensive series but he easily had the best ALL-AROUND performance of anybody on the team.