Johnny Damon's classless postgame comments

SSH2005

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 06:01 AM)
Try both. I think taking your batting gloves off at home plate may be one of the most classless things a ballplayer can do.

See, I just don't understand the double standard here. I absolutely loved Pierzynski a couple weeks ago stepping on Boone as he crossed third, but was it classy? absolutely not.

I guess when its someone you like, you're not going to mind him doing it. :)

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
See, I just don't understand the double standard here.  I absolutely loved Pierzynski a couple weeks ago stepping on Boone as he crossed third, but was it classy?  absolutely not.

He tried to get out of the way... no intention on stepping on his back. Manny ramirez's intention after every homerun is being a grade A jackass.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
See, I just don't understand the double standard here.  I absolutely loved Pierzynski a couple weeks ago stepping on Boone as he crossed third, but was it classy?  absolutely not.

AJ's was unintentional where Manny's is intentional. big difference.

I loved Carlos Lee when he was on the Sox but I wanted to slap him around every time he stood at home plate gazing at one of his HRs. I love the way Juan Uribe immediatley puts his head down and runs after hitting a HR, act like you've done it before.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 06:08 AM)
He tried to get out of the way... no intention on stepping on his back. Manny ramirez's intention after every homerun is being a grade A jackass.

I'm guessing you've verified with A.J. on this one? Either way, the replay made it look intentional, and Hawk and DJ certainly thought it was.

My favorite thing is when dumbass Manny watches balls that he thinks are homers and then ends up with only a single instead of a double because his lazy fatass doesn't run the bases. I could never root for that fat, lazy slob. Sure, he can rake but he's an absolute idiot of a ballplayer. He is a complete joke in left field. Who the hell lets Carl Everett score from 1st base? :lol:

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 01:10 AM)
I'm guessing you've verified with A.J. on this one?  Either way, the replay made it look intentional, and Hawk and DJ certainly thought it was.

If he wanted to make it intentional, he would not have spread out his weight as he did by holding his arms out to his side. He would have just stepped the f*** right onto his back and dug in.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 11:48 PM)
The guy is one of the best centerfielders in the game, his fifteen minutes are not up.  However, its been every single series that he's come out with the same old bs, and if there are positives from my perspective as a Red Sox fan, its that today was Damons last game in a Red Sox uniform.

Edmonds? Beltran? Jones? Sizemore? Wells? Hunter? Clark? Griffey? Dejesus? I would probably take all above Damon, either considering how they are now offensively, how they will be within a couple years offensively, all things considered on the field, or all things considered including money.

Damon is good...but he's not among the best CFers in the game. And lucky for him he signed with Boston, became a media lovebug, and will now sign somewhere for a ridiculous amount and be incredibly overpaid.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
Hunter? 

Could very well be seeing Torii Hunter in CF for the Red Sox or Yankees next season. Where Johnny Damon goes however will have a lot to say on that regard.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 01:08 AM)
AJ's was unintentional where Manny's is intentional. big difference.

I loved Carlos Lee when he was on the Sox but I wanted to slap him around every time he stood at home plate gazing at one of his HRs. I love the way Juan Uribe immediatley puts his head down and runs after hitting a HR, act like you've done it before.

I love how Uribe raises his hands after he's launched one.

RedandWhite Carlos Lee got a lot of heat here just for watching his HR instead of running right away so what do you think people are going to think of Manny standing there taking off his gloves and so one..........

I personally dont mind much but I guess it really ticks some people off.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 05:17 PM)
RedandWhite Carlos Lee got a lot of heat here just for watching his HR instead of running right away so what do you think people are going to think of Manny standing there taking off his gloves and so one..........

I personally dont mind much but I guess it really ticks some people off.

The ball curved right around the pole. Just as people here can say AJ stepping on Boone wasn't intentional, I could just as easily say he was adjusting his gloves because he thought it was going foul.

People just seem to overanalyze stuff like this.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
The ball curved right around the pole.  Just as people here can say AJ stepping on Boone wasn't intentional, I could just as easily say he was adjusting his gloves because he thought it was going foul.

The glove removing at-bat was when he hit his homerun to left, IIRC. There was no doubt that was going to be fair.

The ball curved right around the pole.  Just as people here can say AJ stepping on Boone wasn't intentional, I could just as easily say he was adjusting his gloves because he thought it was going foul.

Yeah, Manny would never pose after a homerun, right? :lol:

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)

Stop being so dumb.... He does that type of s*** after every HR. If AJ ran over every guy he saw that was on the ground you might have a point.