79 members have voted

1. 1. Which jersey should I get?

• Rowand
    • Konerko
    • Buehrle
    • Podsednik
    • Jenks
    • other (post which)

QUOTE(Art Vandelay @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
Get a Sox jersey with your own last name or just a # you like. I'm not big on getting current players because once they leave, which most inevitably do, now you have an outdated jersey.

Unless you don't mind that.

^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm with you. If you are over the age of 14, you should not wear another man's name on your back. Never understood that one.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
I look at it 100% differently. What, are you a mem ber of the White Sox? Having a 35 jersey, or 56 just tells everyone who your favorite player is, or that you appreciate the work that player has put in.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
I look at it 100% differently. What, are you a mem ber of the White Sox? Having a 35 jersey, or 56 just tells everyone who your favorite player is, or that you appreciate the work that player has put in.

That's adorable. Listen to Dan McNeil's take on this. It's perfect.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
That's adorable.

:huh

me and the guys i go to games with put alot of thought into whose jersey we get. It means something about you as a fan if you get a rare type of jersey.

I just got an aaron jersey because i love his attitude toward the game and love the way he plays defense.

But i guess that's stupid for some reason

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 04:33 PM)
If I was going to get a player's jersey, it would be Fisk, Thomas, Ventura, Aparicio .... Guys that reflect the history of the Sox.  Current players come and go to quickly.  But, this is just my personal way of looking at things.

This is actually true. Certain players are classic, and timeless. I have a Fisk jersey but I know it will always look good. Can't say that for a lot of other guys where you can't be sure how long they are staying or if you will always like them.

But hey, to each his own. It's your money and if you want to buy #44 Koch, who am I to question you? :P

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 04:33 PM)
If I was going to get a player's jersey, it would be Fisk, Thomas, Ventura, Aparicio .... Guys that reflect the history of the Sox.  Current players come and go to quickly.  But, this is just my personal way of looking at things.

Ditto, and have them. And a few others namely Seaver, Bo Jackson, and Black Jack.

I don't wear them though. I have no idea how you guys wear that poly in the summer heat.. :huh

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 08:34 AM)
Ditto, and have them. And a few others namely Seaver, Bo Jackson, and Black Jack.

I don't wear them though. I have no idea how you guys wear that poly in the summer heat..  :huh

I like what you usually wear better. :)

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 03:33 PM)

This could also be why some people ( myself included ) decide to personalize our jersey with our own surname or a nickname. If I'm getting an '83 jersey, I'm not putting RODRIGUEZ 22 on there. I loved Aurelio Rodriguez ( and his favorite glove, Black Magic ) when he played for the Sox, but I don't want anyone on my jersey but myself.

It doesn't mean I think I'm on the Sox, it means the person in the jersey is the person ON the jersey.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(Art Vandelay @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
Get a Sox jersey with your own last name or just a # you like. I'm not big on getting current players because once they leave, which most inevitably do, now you have an outdated jersey.

Unless you don't mind that.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm with you.  If you are over the age of 14, you should not wear another man's name on your back.  Never understood that one.

Everyone makes fun of those guys.

BTW, show some Soxtalk props and get an Anderson, McCarthy, Cotts, and/or Bajenaru jersey. Show some props for guys who either post here, and/or have done interviews, answered questions etc. I know there are more guys than that, but those are ones that jump to the top of my mind. This site is much, much better because of guys like those 4, and a whole lot of our minor leaguers.