Stoneman lets another good reliever go for nothing

SSH2005

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/NASApp/ml...xt=.jsp&c_id=kc

"The Royals claimed Peralta, a right-hander, off the waiver wire from the Angels on Friday. The Royals also announced that Long and Field had elected to become unrestricted free agents.

Peralta, a 29-year-old reliever, was 1-0 with a 3.89 ERA in 28 games as a rookie for the Angels this year. He had 30 strikeouts and 14 walks in 34 2/3 innings, holding right-handed batters to a .178 mark.

He also pitched for Triple-A Salt Lake, going 4-1 with 10 saves and a 2.70 ERA in 20 innings spanning 19 appearances.

In 250 Minor League outings, Peralta is 22-12. He originally signed with the Oakland A's."

First, it was Derrick Turnbow. Next, it was Bobby Jenks. Now, it is Joel Peralta.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 10:59 PM)
http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/NASApp/ml...xt=.jsp&c_id=kc

"The Royals claimed Peralta, a right-hander, off the waiver wire from the Angels on Friday. The Royals also announced that Long and Field had elected to become unrestricted free agents.

Peralta, a 29-year-old reliever, was 1-0 with a 3.89 ERA in 28 games as a rookie for the Angels this year. He had 30 strikeouts and 14 walks in 34 2/3 innings, holding right-handed batters to a .178 mark.

He also pitched for Triple-A Salt Lake, going 4-1 with 10 saves and a 2.70 ERA in 20 innings spanning 19 appearances.

In 250 Minor League outings, Peralta is 22-12. He originally signed with the Oakland A's."

First, it was Derrick Turnbow.  Next, it was Bobby Jenks.  Now, it is Joel Peralta.

beside what you wrote about him, what does anyone have to say on this guy.

i remember the Sox facing this guy this year. I thought he had filthy stuff. I am very surprised Stoneman let him go

IIRC, Turnbow was released because of arm problems and we all know that Jenks was released due to arm and personal problems.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
Either the Angels are so rich in pitching that their cup floweth over or they are stupid.  Since they won it all in 2002 (unlike the Cub in 2003) I tend to believe it's the first one.

You're suggesting they have too much pitching?

Doesn't the saying go that "you can never have too much pitching"?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 06:39 PM)
i remember the Sox facing this guy this year. I thought he had filthy stuff. I am very surprised Stoneman let him go

IIRC, Turnbow was released because of arm problems and we all know that Jenks was released due to arm and personal problems.

Wow, the royal continue to stock hard throwing relievers in their pen.