ALCS Roster announced

KevHead0881

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
Of course those hitters can do damage against Marte.  Hell, give me a bat and helmet and I can take four pitches for a walk too.

Hell, give me a glove and a ball and I probably can find the strike zone better than Marte.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 01:59 PM)
Of course those hitters can do damage against Marte.  Hell, give me a bat and helmet and I can take four pitches for a walk too.

Nah, you wouldn't need 4 pitches.

He would hit you in the head on the 2nd or 3rd pitch.

Advance to 1st, Mr Concussion.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 02:09 PM)
I would switch Garland and Buehrle honestly. I rather have the sinkerball go at home and Buehrle go on the road which would be a bigger ballpark.

You wouldn't have to switch anyone.

Let Garland pitch game one at home, Conteras at home game 2.

Buehrle would then pitch game 3 on the road.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)
I would switch Garland and Buehrle honestly. I rather have the sinkerball go at home and Buehrle go on the road which would be a bigger ballpark.

Mark has been much, much better at home, almost a run and a half better while Jon has been a tad bit better on the road.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(knightni @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
Nah, you wouldn't need 4 pitches.

He would hit you in the head on the 2nd or 3rd pitch.

Advance to 1st, Mr Concussion.

I am not sure if that is intended as an insult to me or not, but I am always happy to get to 1st base. Even married, I always feel lucky to score! :rolly

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
I am not sure if that is intended as an insult to me or not, but I am always happy to get to 1st base.  Even married, I always feel lucky to score! :rolly

Nope, it was a slap at Marte's wildness.

I doubt that you'd get 4 pitches.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 11:24 AM)
I don't know how Marte's still on the roster.  I know everyone's not happy with Garland going early, but I'm happy with the rotation.

Garland will obviously throw a simulated game today.

he will be competing with mark prior and Kerry Wood for the Simulated Cy Young.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 09:13 AM)
They just broke in to Bears coverage to announce the ALCS rosters.  I didn't catch all of it, but here's the important stuff.

Rotation:

Game 1: Contreras

Game 2: Buehrle

Game 3: Garcia

Game 4: Garland

Marte still in.  McCarthy still off.  :headshake

I agree w/ the rotation, but keeping Viz over McCarthy is just stupid.

I sure hope the score is incorrect about this, but assuming they aren't....

You really have to wonder what kind of s*** Marte has on Ozzie that he continually comes back with POOR performances and yet still gets into situations...

I for one hope and pray to NEVER see this guy pitch in a White Sox uniform again. And I agree, I hope Ozzie does not cost us anything by bringing this assclown into the game in a tough situation...

Here's to hoping Marte does not become our next opponents whipping b****....

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
Being useless is so much better then being used in situations where you can't get outs.

Neither guy should pitch unless absolutely necessary. But At least Marte has the ability to come in and get out a tough LH, who doesn't hit Lh's well, and possibly get the K. Viz is good for nothing but mop up. And w/ El duque and Hermansen in the bp, he is more worthless than he's ever been........I'm pissed that Oz decided to keep Viz instead of taking McCarthy :angry:

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
Neither guy should pitch unless absolutely necessary. But At least Marte has the ability to come in and get out a tough LH, who doesn't hit Lh's well, and possibly get the K. Viz is good for nothing but mop up. And w/ El duque and Hermansen in the bp, he is more worthless than he's ever been........I'm pissed that Oz decided to keep Viz instead of taking McCarthy  :angry:

Vizcaino post all star break-2.60 ERA with a 1.26 Whip

Marte post all star break-5.03 ERA with a 1.83 Whip :puke :puke

Also, Marte's WHIP vs. lefties is 1.63 post all star. Vizcaino's is 1.5. Marte=WORTHLESS

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)
Neither guy should pitch unless absolutely necessary. But At least Marte has the ability to come in and get out a tough LH, who doesn't hit Lh's well, and possibly get the K. Viz is good for nothing but mop up. And w/ El duque and Hermansen in the bp, he is more worthless than he's ever been........I'm pissed that Oz decided to keep Viz instead of taking McCarthy  :angry:

Cy. Can you tell me when the last time Marte got ANYBODY out?

Ok, I'm just going to cite a few outings later in the season in which Marte "re"-earned my respect.

After having the fallout with Ozzie, Kenny and co. and his alleged firing, Marte enters two ballgames in Minnesotta and turns out two very impressive and CRUCIAL outings in the later innings. Ozzie told him if you want a place on this team and you really think you belong, you have to get it back. He threw him right in the fire and Damaso produced.

He's a left handed pitcher, and a pretty talented one at that. If he has "it" he can produce in the clutch and get some big outs. If he doesn't, he starts walking people and puts runners on.

He has to be on the roster. I'm sorry. Having him off the roster just doesn't make a lick of sense. One left handed reliever in the ALCS...errrr...I dunno.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 02:09 PM)
He has to be on the roster.  I'm sorry.  Having him off the roster just doesn't make a lick of sense.  One left handed reliever in the ALCS...errrr...I dunno.

Ask the 2002 angels how important it is to have 2 lefties in the bullpen.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
Ok, I'm just going to cite a few outings later in the season in which Marte "re"-earned my respect.

After having the fallout with Ozzie, Kenny and co. and his alleged firing, Marte enters two ballgames in Minnesotta and turns out two very impressive and CRUCIAL outings in the later innings.  Ozzie told him if you want a place on this team and you really think you belong, you have to get it back.  He threw him right in the fire and Damaso produced.

He's a left handed pitcher, and a pretty talented one at that.  If he has "it" he can produce in the clutch and get some big outs.  If he doesn't, he starts walking people and puts runners on.

He has to be on the roster.  I'm sorry.  Having him off the roster just doesn't make a lick of sense.  One left handed reliever in the ALCS...errrr...I dunno.

Everyone on the sox can get lefties out better than marte. Just because you throw left handed doesn't mean you always have an advantage.