Free Agents after this year

Kyyle23

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 12:12 PM)
Am I the only one that doesn't want Bill Mueller?  :huh

I'll take Mueller, but I'm not under the opinion that he's going to be a huge upgrade from Crede...given that Crede will probably play better defense, is younger, and has more power, while Mueller is older, has seen his numbers decline in the past 2 years, gets hurt more often, has less power, but gets more hits.

In my head, those 2 are almost a wash.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
Unless we are getting a huge offensive upgrade at 3rd base, I am fine with Joe Crede.

Thats exactly what I said in the "What would you do as GM" thread. Whats the point of adding Mueller when he's not that much better offensively, he's old, his numbers have gone down each of the last few years, he's more expensive than Crede, and his defense is far worse than Crede's?

Is Hideki Matsui a free agent. I heard on the radio that he was, but wasn't sure. If he is, I think he'd make an oustanding DH. He's a left handed bat whose a clutch hitter. I'd give him a 2 or 3 yr deal worth 18 mill (don't know if that would be enough or not). Plus he could play all 3 outfield positions in a pinch.

I'd hope that the Iguchi factor could help as well.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
Is Hideki Matsui a free agent.  I heard on the radio that he was, but wasn't sure.  If he is, I think he'd make an oustanding DH.  He's a left handed bat whose a clutch hitter.  I'd give him a 2 or 3 yr deal worth 18 mill (don't know if that would be enough or not).  Plus he could play all 3 outfield positions in a pinch. 

I'd hope that the Iguchi factor could help as well.

Kind of.

If he does not sign a contract extension or a new contract by Nov. 15, 2005, then the NYY must place him on waivers for the purpose of granting him his release- + if he were to clear waivers he would become a free agent Agent