SOSH

RockRaines

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 04:33 PM)
There is the key.  How many RED SOX fans have you really dealt with?  Probably not too many as a majority of them in this area are cubs fans wearing a Red Sox hat after last year.  It skews your perception a bit.

I have dealt with a lot. I'd even say too many.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
Red and White...how do you have this love for both teams?  Where do you live now?

Ha, oh dear god.

Northern suburbs of Chicago, about 40 minutes from US Cellular. I grew up in Wellesley, MA and my dad still lives there. I moved here when my parents got divorced just a few years ago.

:)

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 03:44 PM)
Ha, oh dear god.

Northern suburbs of Chicago, about 40 minutes from US Cellular.  I grew up in Wellesley, MA and my dad still lives there.  I moved here when my parents got divorced just a few years ago.

:)

Cool...just curious.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
what happened to the "f*** THE RED SOX, RED SOX TAKE IT UP THE BUTT, RED SOX ARE GAY, f*** f*** f*** f*** AHHH" type posts spewing from peoples mouths?

I like you Rock, I really do.

Not to start anything and what not and I know you have been asked this many times but I wasn't here for the BoSox series and I was curious as to what your reactions/feeling/opinions were on the White Sox sweepage?

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
what happened to the "f*** THE RED SOX, RED SOX TAKE IT UP THE BUTT, RED SOX ARE GAY, f*** f*** f*** f*** AHHH" type posts spewing from peoples mouths?

You're just proving how little time you spend here with that statement. If you spend any significant amount of time here you would know that that treatment is not reserved for any 1 team but anyone who happens to cross paths with us.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
You're just proving how little time you spend here with that statement.  If you spend any significant amount of time here you would know that that treatment is not reserved for any 1 team but anyone who happens to cross paths with us.

Yea, but that doesn't make it right, because then we look like the very fans we are b****ing about, now doesn't it? :huh:

That board is absolutely sickening Irish...why did you make me suffer through that? How dumb can these stalkers be!?!?! "Please leave the Red Sox Johnny...I am tired of seeing your slap hits." Wow. Dumbf***. And all the obsessive Damon sigs/avys....wow!

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
You're just proving how little time you spend here with that statement.  If you spend any significant amount of time here you would know that that treatment is not reserved for any 1 team but anyone who happens to cross paths with us.

I'm sure he knows. He just doesn't put a whole lot of thought into his posts.

In the big picture, this dude is a White Sox fan that lives in the Chicagoland area, and yet, he is genuinely upset that we advanced! :lol:

And what's worse? He'll act like he doesn't know/understand what I'm talking about. I don't make one iota of sense!!!

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
That board is absolutely sickening Irish...why did you make me suffer through that? How dumb can these stalkers be!?!?! "Please leave the Red Sox Johnny...I am tired of seeing your slap hits." Wow. Dumbf***. And all the obsessive Damon sigs/avys....wow!

I love the not a fan of the team per say, more of a fan of the player aspect.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
Yea, but that doesn't make it right, because then we look like the very fans we are b****ing about, now doesn't it? :huh:

Thing of it is about 99.99999% of the people here are die hard White Sox fans so me and the other more , uh, aggressive posters simply give voice on the boards to what most of us are thinking/saying when they watch the game at home.

The people I work with are from all over the place and thusly I see fans of most every other team. Most of the time its pretty civil but there is certainly a fair share of smack talking........like theres gonna be tomorrow with this one guy in my squad from Boston.

:lol:

Thats the best 20 bucks I ever won in a bet. HAHA!

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 04:49 PM)
Thing of it is about 99.99999% of the people here are die hard White Sox fans so me and the other more , uh, aggressive posters simply give voice on the boards to what most of us are thinking/saying when they watch the game at home.

good point. :cheers

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)

The people I work with are from all over the place and thusly I see fans of most every other team.  Most of the time its pretty civil but there is certainly a fair share of smack talking........like theres gonna be tomorrow with this one guy in my squad from Boston.

:lol:

Thats the best 20 bucks I ever won in a bet.  HAHA!

I guess that just proves all the media hounds right, we're all a bunch of asshole fans. :)

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 09:41 PM)
I'm sure he knows.  He just doesn't put a whole lot of thought into his posts. 

In the big picture, this dude is a White Sox fan that lives in the Chicagoland area, and yet, he is genuinely upset that we advanced! :lol:

And what's worse?  He'll act like he doesn't know/understand what I'm talking about.  I don't make one iota of sense!!!

I put plenty of thought into my posts, all you put in your posts is words in my mouth that I didn't infact say.

that isn't the big picture at all, I am happy for the White Sox, and for most White Sox fans for that matter.

and for the record, I haven't read one of your posts that has had any relevance to the thread at hand. Even this post, what are you trying to prove? what is your point? do you have one?

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)

I still hate the Red Sox, and I think their team wouldn't have been in the playoffs if it weren't for the Sox.