Colon Gone

Harry Chappas

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see the Halos winning this game. Ervin better pitch like Johann if they're gonna pull this out.

I know our poll here says that we want to face the Yanks because they're like the Red Sox...big offense, little bullpen, iffy starting pitching, etc...but I'm just not so sure. The Yankees are hungry this year and they far outplayed the Red Sox in the second half of the season. They're clearly superior to the Red Sox. And even if their relievers aren't outstanding, they always have Mariano.

Do we REALLY want to face the Yanks next round? But man, if we could beat the Yanks, I'd cry tears of joy.

Go Sox.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
They say that everyone but Lackey is available but there has been no definitive statement about Washburn being ready. If he is, I think he'd either be in already or he will start the 3rd or 4th inning

if he were ready theres no doubt in my mind that he's in right now instead of the rookie santana...

QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
if he were ready theres no doubt in my mind that he's in right now instead of the rookie santana...

Well they say he has strep throat, if he is indeed available he probably wont be able to eat up innings like santana can right now, if Jarrod's available I'm sure he'll be used as a situational lefty today.

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
wow.  so if they happen to win this game, what the hell will their rotation be?  will they slip escobar into the rotation?

gm 1 -- wash

gm 2 -- byrd

gm3 -- lackey?

gm4 -- escobar/santana?

gm5 -- wash

gm 6 -- byrd

gm7-- lackey on 3 days rest

yummy

On the radio AM 1000, I heard that it was Colon's shoulder, not his back. If this is true, that is far more serious. Am while I hate to kick a team while they are down, Colon's injury would clearly give the sox an advantage in a 7 game series.

I would like to think Jerry Manuel did some good during his tenure. Thanks for overworking Colon just like everybody else has Jerry!

the funny thing is : this season if you remember the first 40-60 games or so

we were getting all the good breaks - vlad was injured, roy halladay was injured, torii hunter was injured, and there was a list of players on teams we were playing who got injured before playing us

this is our year? i think yes !

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Oct 10, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
the funny thing is : this season if you remember the first 40-60 games or so

we were getting all the good breaks - vlad was injured, roy halladay was injured, torii hunter was injured, and there was a list of players on teams we were playing who got injured before playing us

this is our year? i think yes !

And those teams got a break with us losing Frank Thomas for the year.