Amare Stoudemire

Stoudemire Out For Four Months

I take back what I said about your fantasy squad, cal.

So, what should be the Suns starting lineup without Amare?

PG: Steve Nash

SG: Raja Bell

SF: Shawn Marion

PF: Kurt Thomas

C: Brian Grant

SF: Jim Jackson

PF: Shawn Marion

C: Kurt Thomas

In retrospect, they should have held on to Steven Hunter. I know that he doesn't have much upside on offense, and he's not as good of a rebounder as his size and athleticism would indicate, but at least he could play some solid defense for 15 to 20 minutes a night.

I don't even know who the f*** Pat Burke is.

It's crazy when you consider that they won't have 3/5 of their starting lineup from last year's Western Conference Finals squad on opening day.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
Stoudemire Out For Four Months

I take back what I said about your fantasy squad, cal.

So, what should be the Suns starting lineup without Amare?

SF: Shawn Marion

PF: Kurt Thomas

C: Brian Grant

SF: Jim Jackson

PF: Shawn Marion

C: Kurt Thomas

In retrospect, they should have held on to Steven Hunter.  I know that he doesn't have much upside on offense, and he's not as good of a rebounder as his size and athleticism would indicate, but at least he could play some solid defense for 15 to 20 minutes a night. 

It's crazy when you consider that they won't have 3/5 of their starting lineup from last year's Western Conference Finals squad on opening day.

they'll manage to keep their heads above water - maybe - with Kurt Thomas and Brian Grant filling in. they'll at least be in a position where once Stoudemire returns, they'll be capable of making the playoffs.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
I thought it was only rest of the pre-season wtf?

During the surgery it turned out to be worse than they thought.

If I understand right...these things have a habit of being very bad. Chris Webber's leg problem kind of bad. In other words...it may take some real effort for Amare to come back as the same player he was even after he returns.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
This is worse than Webber's operation. Amare had the same surgery Penny had years back. Penny wasn't a guy who depended as heavily on his athleticism as Amare. Best case scenario for Amare is to turn out to be the current Antonio McDyess.

Id say best case is he turns out to be mostly the player he once was.... Even if he doesnt come back fully im pretty sure he will be better than Antonio McDyess especially if he works really hard at his comeback.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
Id say best case is he turns out to be mostly the player he once was.... Even if he doesnt come back fully im pretty sure he will be better than Antonio McDyess especially if he works really hard at his comeback.

Even if the spirit is willing...that doesn't mean the body will be.

His body could be permanently weakened by this. His biggest advantage is that he's still young, so he might be able to recover faster than the other guys. But there's a chance we will never see the player we saw last year again.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 05:28 AM)

Pat Burke's still in this league? LMAO. He was Orlando's opening day center about 2 or 3 seasons ago, when we had nobody at C. Needless to say, he's a white stiff who can't rebound and will do a little scoring. Poor man's Eddy Curry if there's such a thing.