Check Out Roeper's Sox Quiz, and Here's Mine

LVSoxFan

Here's his:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/roeper/cst-nws-roep11.html

Here's mine (which I sent to him):

1) Who in the Sox organization was once known as the "Korean Babe Ruth"?

2) Ozzie is indirectly related to one of his pitchers. To whom, and how?

3) What song plays every time Podsednik comes to bat?

4) The "Go Go, White Sox!" song was written for what team?

5) During the opening video montage, one sequence goes like this: jets come screaming over the park, a flashback to an explosion on the field duirng "Disco Demolition," then Carlton Fisk making this famous play. What is it?

6) Where does one look at The Cell to see the pitch speed (radar)?

7) Can you find a mural of Shoeless Joe Jackson in the Cell? Where?

8) In one of the most memorable finishes of the season, A.J. Pierzinski hit a walk-off homer on the next pitch, after a seemingly for-sure foul-out. What team was it against?

9) The White Sox beat a team this year without batting in one run. Who was it, and how did it happen?

10) Why is Carl Everett known as "Jurassic" Carl?

11) Who has the most stolen bases on the Sox behind Podsednik?

12) Konerko, Ross Gload and Blum have all played 1B for the Sox this year as starters or backups. However, two other outfielders played first base for the Sox this season, one successfully, one not so successfully. Who were they?

13) On opening day, after the opening new video montage, the Sox had replaced AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" as the theme song with another rock song from the early 90s, to the horror of many of us. It was switched back after a few games. What did they try to replace it with?

14) This series spelled the end for previous season hero Shingo Takatsu. Who was it against, and roughly when?

15) When Hawk Harrelson was out for a few days because of eye surgery, a couple of former Sox players took turns in his place in the booth with DJ. Name one of them.

16) When Yankees' third baseman Alex Rodriguez, during a Sox series there, said this Sox outfielder was "putting on a clinic," to whom was he referring?

17) In one of Hawk Harrelson's most famous on-air tirades this season, he went nuts over a home plate umpire's decision to toss a Sox player from the game. Who was the player, and for what?

18) Who is the most hated sports columnist among Sox organization and fans?

19) What's a Baltimore bounce?

20) Juan Uribe drew a lot of flack for a move that Ozzie approved of during a Cubs/Sox game at Wrigley. What was it?

Have fun!

1) Who in the Sox organization was once known as the "Korean Babe Ruth"? Man Soo Lee

2) Ozzie is indirectly related to one of his pitchers. To whom, and how? Freddy Garcia - Married to his niece

3) What song plays every time Podsednik comes to bat? ??

4) The "Go Go, White Sox!" song was written for what team? 1959 Pennant Winning Team

5) During the opening video montage, one sequence goes like this: jets come screaming over the park, a flashback to an explosion on the field duirng "Disco Demolition," then Carlton Fisk making this famous play. What is it?

6) Where does one look at The Cell to see the pitch speed (radar)? Right Field Scoreboard

8) In one of the most memorable finishes of the season, A.J. Pierzinski hit a walk-off homer on the next pitch, after a seemingly for-sure foul-out. What team was it against? LA Dodgers of Yhency Brazoban

9) The White Sox beat a team this year without batting in one run. Who was it, and how did it happen?

10) Why is Carl Everett known as "Jurassic" Carl? He believed Dinosaurs didn't exist because they weren't mentioned in the Bible

11) Who has the most stolen bases on the Sox behind Podsednik? Pablo Ozuna

12) Konerko, Ross Gload and Blum have all played 1B for the Sox this year as starters or backups. However, two other outfielders played first base for the Sox this season, one successfully, one not so successfully. Who were they? Jermaine Dye and Timo Perez

13) On opening day, after the opening new video montage, the Sox had replaced AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" as the theme song with another rock song from the early 90s, to the horror of many of us. It was switched back after a few games. What did they try to replace it with?

14) This series spelled the end for previous season hero Shingo Takatsu. Who was it against, and roughly when? Cleveland, 1st series after the All-Star Break

15) When Hawk Harrelson was out for a few days because of eye surgery, a couple of former Sox players took turns in his place in the booth with DJ. Name one of them. My man, Robin Ventura

16) When Yankees' third baseman Alex Rodriguez, during a Sox series there, said this Sox outfielder was "putting on a clinic," to whom was he referring? Aaron Roland

17) In one of Hawk Harrelson's most famous on-air tirades this season, he went nuts over a home plate umpire's decision to toss a Sox player from the game. Who was the player, and for what? Mark Buehrle being ejected for throwing at BJ Surhoff

18) Who is the most hated sports columnist among Sox organization and fans? Jay Mariotti

20) Juan Uribe drew a lot of flack for a move that Ozzie approved of during a Cubs/Sox game at Wrigley. What was it? The deke of Derek Lee

3) "Elevation" by U2

9) We beat the Royals at home 1st half in a game where they walked in the only two runs we scored

13) On Opening Day, "Thunderstruck" had been replaced by "Right Here, Right Now" by Van Halen (yuck)

19) A "Baltimore Bounce", as Hawk often refers to it, is a high, high once bouncer to an infielder--high enough that sometimes the batter can beat it out to 1B.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
1) Who in the Sox organization was once known as the "Korean Babe Ruth"?  Man Soo Lee

2) Ozzie is indirectly related to one of his pitchers. To whom, and how?  Freddy Garcia -  Married to his niece

3) What song plays every time Podsednik comes to bat?  ??

4) The "Go Go, White Sox!" song was written for what team?  1959 Pennant Winning Team

6) Where does one look at The Cell to see the pitch speed (radar)? Right Field Scoreboard

8) In one of the most memorable finishes of the season, A.J. Pierzinski hit a walk-off homer on the next pitch, after a seemingly for-sure foul-out. What team was it against? LA Dodgers of Yhency Brazoban

10) Why is Carl Everett known as "Jurassic" Carl?  He believed Dinosaurs didn't exist because they weren't mentioned in the Bible

11) Who has the most stolen bases on the Sox behind Podsednik? Pablo Ozuna

12) Konerko, Ross Gload and Blum have all played 1B for the Sox this year as starters or backups. However, two other outfielders played first base for the Sox this season, one successfully, one not so successfully. Who were they? Jermaine Dye and Timo Perez

14) This series spelled the end for previous season hero Shingo Takatsu. Who was it against, and roughly when?  Cleveland, 1st series after the All-Star Break

15) When Hawk Harrelson was out for a few days because of eye surgery, a couple of former Sox players took turns in his place in the booth with DJ. Name one of them.  My man, Robin Ventura

16) When Yankees' third baseman Alex Rodriguez, during a Sox series there, said this Sox outfielder was "putting on a clinic," to whom was he referring?  Aaron Roland

17) In one of Hawk Harrelson's most famous on-air tirades this season, he went nuts over a home plate umpire's decision to toss a Sox player from the game. Who was the player, and for what?  Mark Buehrle being ejected for throwing at BJ Surhoff

18) Who is the most hated sports columnist among Sox organization and fans?  Jay Mariotti

20) Juan Uribe drew a lot of flack for a move that Ozzie approved of during a Cubs/Sox game at Wrigley. What was it?  The deke of Derek Lee

NICE JOB, RV! :cheers

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
3) "Elevation" by U2

9) We beat the Royals at home 1st half in a game where they walked in the only two runs we scored

13) On Opening Day, "Thunderstruck" had been replaced by "Right Here, Right Now" by Van Halen (yuck)

19) A "Baltimore Bounce", as Hawk often refers to it, is a high, high once bouncer to an infielder--high enough that sometimes the batter can beat it out to 1B.

I could be wrong (wouldn't be the 1st time :P ), but I think Hawk refers to the high bouncer as a "Baltimore Chop".

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
I could be wrong (wouldn't be the 1st time  :P ), but I think Hawk refers to the high bouncer as a "Baltimore Chop".

I think you're right! I stand corrected. Judges: accept "chop" or "bounce"!

:chair

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
How can nobody get #5, its the double tag!

I must've read it wrong. Of course I know that. Fisk tagging out Dale Berra and Bobby Meacham at Yankee Stadium at home plate. Which I believe is the same game that Tom Seaver won his 300th.

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 03:28 PM)
I must've read it wrong.  Of course I know that.  Fisk tagging out Dale Berra and Bobby Meacham at Yankee Stadium at home plate.  Which I believe is the same game that Tom Seaver won his 300th.

That's one of my favorite shots from the opening montage. I remember seeing that when it happened and then laughing uncontrollably. :D

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
Not a good question, because his first at bat is ALWAYS Dirty by Trick Daddy

Well fine, the MAJORITY of at-bats this year.

For Rowand it used to be "Paperclip," now it's "The Beautiful People."

Perhaps I should have phrased it: "Who comes to bat when 'Elevation" by U2 is played beforehand?"

Better?

http://www.suntimes.com/output/roeper/cst-nws-roep11.html

Here's mine (which I sent to him):

1) Who in the Sox organization was once known as the "Korean Babe Ruth"? Man Soo Lee

2) Ozzie is indirectly related to one of his pitchers. To whom, and how? Freddy Garica...uncle in law or something along those lines. I think it was his niece who married him (so whatever that makes him).

3) What song plays every time Podsednik comes to bat? Not a freaking clue

4) The "Go Go, White Sox!" song was written for what team? 59 Sox

5) During the opening video montage, one sequence goes like this: jets come screaming over the park, a flashback to an explosion on the field duirng "Disco Demolition," then Carlton Fisk making this famous play. What is it? Not a clue

6) Where does one look at The Cell to see the pitch speed (radar)? Left field

7) Can you find a mural of Shoeless Joe Jackson in the Cell? Where? Yes, Outfield I think (I'm thinking right field)

8) In one of the most memorable finishes of the season, A.J. Pierzinski hit a walk-off homer on the next pitch, after a seemingly for-sure foul-out. What team was it against? (LA Dodgers off of Yhancy Brazoban)

9) The White Sox beat a team this year without batting in one run. Who was it, and how did it happen? Can't freaking remember, but It was on a balk or something like that

10) Why is Carl Everett known as "Jurassic" Carl? Cause he don't believe in dinosaurs

11) Who has the most stolen bases on the Sox behind Podsednik? Aaron Rowand (???)

13) On opening day, after the opening new video montage, the Sox had replaced AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" as the theme song with another rock song from the early 90s, to the horror of many of us. It was switched back after a few games. What did they try to replace it with? Don't remember, just remember a bunch of posters whining about it.

14) This series spelled the end for previous season hero Shingo Takatsu. Who was it against, and roughly when? Cleveland (they owned him) although he didn't get released after it, that was the beginning of his demise.

15) When Hawk Harrelson was out for a few days because of eye surgery, a couple of former Sox players took turns in his place in the booth with DJ. Name one of them. Don Pall, Robin Ventura, and Jack McDowell all did it IIRC

16) When Yankees' third baseman Alex Rodriguez, during a Sox series there, said this Sox outfielder was "putting on a clinic," to whom was he referring? Rowand in CF

17) In one of Hawk Harrelson's most famous on-air tirades this season, he went nuts over a home plate umpire's decision to toss a Sox player from the game. Who was the player, and for what? Joe Crede, who allegedly leaned into a pitch and it was against Oakland. Jermaine Dye ended up playing ss in the game with Widger at 3rd

18) Who is the most hated sports columnist among Sox organization and fans? Marrioti

19) What's a Baltimore bounce? No f***ing idea, but I think its one where it bounces off the plate.

20) Juan Uribe drew a lot of flack for a move that Ozzie approved of during a Cubs/Sox game at Wrigley. What was it? Telling Derek Lee the ball was foul by raising his arms

Have fun!

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
I must've read it wrong.  Of course I know that.  Fisk tagging out Dale Berra and Bobby Meacham at Yankee Stadium at home plate.  Which I believe is the same game that Tom Seaver won his 300th.

Wild play. I was actually at that game. It was one of those where you turn to the guy next to you and say: "did I just see what I think I saw?". In fact, Sox won the game in the 11th, when Ozzie singled, stole second and scored on a single. It wasn't the game where Seaver won his 300th. That was two days later.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
Not a good question, because his first at bat is ALWAYS Dirty by Trick Daddy

wrong actually...its let's go by trick daddy featuring twista....ironically the video features twista wearing full out white sox gear