Check Out Roeper's Sox Quiz, and Here's Mine

LVSoxFan

Didn't mean to make it impossible.

The "Right Here Right Now" you would have only known had you been at Opening Day, so don't feel bad if you didn't know that one.

However, the video one shouldn't have been too hard if you've watched it a few times. Or, in my case, 36 times, LOL (I still watch the whole thing; love it).

Here's the answer key for those who were stuck on some (although most got most of them):

1) Man Soo Lee, the bullpen catcher, was once known as the "Korean Babe Ruth." I don't even know how I know that. He probably told me during BP, LOL.

2) Freddy Garcia is married to Ozzie's niece.

3) MOST OF THE TIME, if you hear "Elevation" by U2, Pods is coming up to bat (he plays another song once in a while)

4) "Go Go White Sox" was written for, well, the 1959 "Go-Go" White Sox. And it sounds like it. Note to Brooks: time to get a modern White Sox song!

5) The video montage shows Fisk making his famous double tag at home plate--versus the Yankees I believe.

6) The pitch speed readout is underneath the right field scoreboard (NOT the left!)

7) I believe there's a mural of Shoeless Joe in one of the UD concourses--I admit I was fishing with this one because I had heard that

8) AJ's walkoff homer, as everybody got, was against the Dodgers this summer. The Sox were wearing their '59 jerseys.

9) We beat the Royals early this year without batting in a run--they walked in two in a row (!!!) in the bottom of the 8th. Up to that point Greinke was shutting us down (he didn't walk in the runs though)

10) Carl Everett does not believe dinosaurs ever existed; hence the nickname "Jurassic" Carl.

11) According to the White Sox site, it is AARON ROWAND who ranks second behind Scotty for steals (16). Ozuna had 14, Iguchi 15.

12) Everybody got that Timo and Dye both played a game at 1st base. Dye looked good; Timo didn't.

13) On opening day "Thunderstruck" was replaced with "Right Here, Right Now." It didn't last long.

14) Shingo Takatsu's fate was sealed in the four-game series with Cleveland right after the ASB. He came in to close and instead put men on base. A visibly frustrated Don Cooper ended up pulling him. He never really came back after that.

15) Don Pall, Robin Ventura and Blackjack McDowell all did stints with DJ in Hawk's absence. IMO Blackjack was the best; although there was something disarming about Pall's not-ready-for-TV voice that made him good.

16) A-Rod said during the Yankees series (there) that Rowand was putting on a "clinic" in centerfield for all his great plays/catches

17) Hawk Harrelson went nuts about a few things this season, but none more than Mark Buehrle being tossed from a game for hitting a batter.

18) Jay Mariotti is persona non grata with most Sox fans and management

19) The "Baltimore chop" or bounce, or whatever it's called, is when an infield hit takes a huge first bounce--high enough so sometimes the runner can beat it to first base

20) Juan Uribe was the talk of the first crosstown series at Wrigley when he deked a rounding-second Derek Lee into slowing down by saying that the ball was foul. It wasn't.

Hope this was fun!