I FINALLY GOT A NEW JOB!!!!

southsider2k5

I can finally leave this damned sinking ship behind!!! I got myself a big raise and a move back onto the trading floor. Plus the company I work for is in a whole world of s*** for having a CEO setting up shell companies to funnel money to himself. Now they might be restating earnings all of the way back to 1998.

WHAT A WEEK FOR ME :cheers :drink

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 12:21 PM)
I can finally leave this damned sinking ship behind!!!  I got myself a big raise and a move back onto the trading floor.  Plus the company I work for is in a whole world of s*** for having a CEO setting up shell companies to funnel money to himself.  Now they might be restating earnings all of the way back to 1998.

WHAT A WEEK FOR ME :cheers  :drink

f***ING AWESOME MIKE. I know you've been looking hard and what great timing for the new job (with the child coming) and all.

Congratulations...a beer on me next time I see ya :cheers

QUOTE(Art Vandelay @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
Congrats! I also work for a sinking ship....also looking for another job. I envy you :)

The timing couldn't have been more perfect. The more that comes out, the more this is looking positively Enron-esque.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:53 PM)
f***ING AWESOME MIKE.  I know you've been looking hard and what great timing for the new job (with the child coming) and all. 

Congratulations...a beer on me next time I see ya  :cheers

I am saving this post! :bang

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:59 PM)
Can you still use the internet....?

Congrats Mike,

Not sure yet. I might be posting a lot less in the near future.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:16 PM)
Awesome Mike. I'm going back to the cruise bidness myself next week.

Good deal. Good luck man. Hopefully this time around works out better than the last time.

QUOTE(BDavisFutureHOF @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 08:23 AM)
Congrats man!  :cheers

Ahhh the wonders of Refco.................

Its scary. I feel really bad for the sales people and the commission people. They are the ones who are up creek without a paddle right now.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 09:13 AM)
I feel really bad for the sales people and the commission people.  They are the ones who are up creek without a paddle right now.

That statement hits really close to home -- I almost took a job with them (Well -- technically Lind Waldock) about a year ago but ultimately passed it up because the base salary just wasn't enough -- the potential to make a boat load of money was there but I couldn't take the gamble at the time.

It is actually pretty scary that 1 person can have such a huge impact on such a huge company -- reminds me a little bit of the Nick Leeson fiasco (though on a lesser scale)