What was up with todays crowd?

Whitewashed in '05

Was is just me or did that crowd seem a lot less into the game today than in the ALDS? I am sure it wasn't just me because I could really hear them before. I wish I was out there, I wouldn't sit down or shut up.

Oh yeah and how could I forget, how about Buck and McCarver?? All I could hear was "slurp slurp slurp ERSTAD slurp slurp." Holy crap they were horrible.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 09:34 PM)
Was is just me or did that crowd seem a lot less into the game today than in the ALDS? I am sure it wasn't just me because I could really hear them before. I wish I was out there, I wouldn't sit down or shut up.

Oh yeah and how could I forget, how about Buck and McCarver?? All I could hear was "slurp slurp slurp ERSTAD slurp slurp." Holy crap they were horrible.

Cause ticketmaster sucks. Honestly, that's the reason. All of us diehards are sitting here posting on soxtalk instead of being at the game.

QUOTE(JoeBatterz @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
My brother called me from the game before it started and said it was WAY louder than even for Boston and it was totally jacked up before the first pitch.

I think being down 3-0 took them out of it.

Hmm... maybe Fox has their volume on the crowd lower but it seemed more down. It doesn't matter to me if we were down, god I wish I could go.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)

Thats what happens when the road team gets an early lead. It tends to take the crowd out of the game.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)

It wasn't just you. Me and my girlfriend where at tonight's game, and we also went to ALDS Game 2. NIGHT AND DAY! Last Wednesday, we did not sit down or stop clapping and yelling from the 5th inning on. Tonight people had to be coaxed to get out of their seat and to get in to the game. I noticed lots of people wondering around as if they had never been to The Cell before. The crowd was not there to properly cheer on the Sox and it was shameful.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
Cause ticketmaster sucks.  Honestly, that's the reason.  All of us diehards are sitting here posting on soxtalk instead of being at the game.

Yeah, I would have to agree with that. Lots of limos and chauffeured cars waiting out side the stadium tonight as we left. Lots of people wondering around lost like they had never been to USCF before.

:angry:

that sucks there were so many rich fans who didn't cheer and had no stake in the team apparently.

But like you said, with Anaheim's travel the past couple days we were expected to win unlike the bosox series. It's a big difference. You gotta have the killer instinct and we probably woulda had it against the hated yanks.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 11:19 PM)
I wish I had that goin on right now.  I'm still f***in livid.

I am not mad but I am disappointed in our team. I expected them to execute better both offensivley and defensivley. Byrd might not have great stuff like Count but he put us away since we weren't taking good swings.

For some reason I had a bad feeling about this game but then again, who can have a good feeling going against the Angels, especially with our west coast woes. This series can do a lot to our sox for next season. Just imagine, if we beat them all the west coast bs will be out of their head. Going into the west won't be automatic L's.

Like our early sox, play good for a long stretch then suck for one day, hopefully they took out all their bad days today. Tomorrow is back on the field with some confidence and go home with the series tied. Huge game tomorrow, go get em sox and I will still stay off the game thread. :lol: :gosox1:

Edited by Sox Hustler

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)
We were down 3-0 early, and from what I saw the crowd was on its feet from the 7th inning on basically.

I agree...the crowd was jacked before the game....and then after that Garrett Anderson HR, it was quieted. Game 2 of the ALDS was very similar. We got down early, the crowd was quiet until the 5th and then we went nuts.

I was at both Game 1 against the Bo-Sox and at last night's game. Last night's crowd was a lot more quiet. I think it had to do with being down early of course, maybe the cold and it being Sox fans at the Cell. It doesn't take much to silence that crowd.

Instead of getting louder and louder in the 9th, to try to pump up the team, it got more and more quiet. You could hear the pop of the mitt when Crede struck out.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 07:13 AM)
I agree...the crowd was jacked before the game....and then after that Garrett Anderson HR, it was quieted.  Game 2 of the ALDS was very similar.  We got down early, the crowd was quiet until the 5th and then we went nuts.

The crowd was jacked before the game, but nothing like either game last week. Half of my section didn't get up once and many didn't even seem to know or care who was playing. I hate how MLB distributes tickets for the playoffs. :fight

I was there last night, sitting behind the plate and that section was dead. Me and my 2 buddies I was with were the only ones standing up and cheering. The rest of the snobs in that section were telling us to sit down. It was crazy. If you looked down either line all the premium box seats were sitting down and the rest of the stadium was on their feet.

The crowd was dead last night and it sucked. Nothing at all like game 1 of the ALDS. Hopefully tonight is better.

QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
that's what happens when you don't let fans buy those seats.

i'm sorry it was like that last night.

the only game i got to go to was ALDS game 1 and it was a ton of fun (for obvious reasons)

Well it is now known that tickets are easy to come by at a good price if you just go down to the field, so everyone should head out there tonight and cheer them on. They need us.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 08:44 AM)
I get the feeling tonight's crowd will be completely off the chain.  :headbang :drink

The crowd will be in the game if at the end of the first the white sox have a lead. You cant go down a few runs early and expect the fans to jump up and down. That plus all of the mental f*** ups. Remember if they execute and fail its one thing, but missing signs, failing to put down bunts and running the bases dumb dont really energize the crowd.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 09:59 AM)
The crowd will be in the game if at the end of the first the white sox have a lead.  You cant go down a few runs early and expect the fans to jump up and down.  That plus all of the mental f*** ups.  Remember if they execute and fail its one thing, but missing signs, failing to put down bunts and running the bases dumb dont really energize the crowd.

I hear ya SSI, but IMO that's a lame crowd. It's easy to cheer when the team is up, the team NEEDS the support when it's trailing.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
I hear ya SSI, but IMO that's a lame crowd.  It's easy to cheer when the team is up, the team NEEDS the support when it's trailing.

Exactly. Its easy to wait until things are good to cheer. Its just like waiting until the team wins to get on the bandwagon IMO. Its lame.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 09:23 AM)
Exactly.  Its easy to wait until things are good to cheer.  Its just like waiting until the team wins to get on the bandwagon IMO.  Its lame.

That maybe true, however its indicitve of chicago sports. The minute they go down, the crowd dies, the minute they go up or threaten the crowd goes nuts.