Angels @ White Sox--ALCS Game 2

Whitesoxfan56

Jas.....You and I both talked about how the offense would excel once it made the playoffs cause the pressure of the collapse talk would be done with. Do you think the offense is pressing now because the pressure of being the team most people favored has started up again?

We are hitting nubbers, not liners.

Mark B better keep it up until our hitters get inspired.

We're getting shut down. If this keeps up, it's reminiscent of our effort against the O's way back when in the playoffs.

We got 2 runs last night; one tonight, precious few hits.

GO SOX!

QUOTE(JimH @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
DEAD ON RIGHT.

Two different zones thus far, and he is letting Molina get away with murder, with his "pull the glove into the strike zone" bulls***.

f***ing ridiculous.

this guy is also the ump that likes to get "tv time" by stepping way out and throwing the ball back to the pitcher and drawing attention to himself. and can someone tell mark that piece of s*** hitters like that shouldn't hit homers off of him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 05:33 PM)
Jas.....You and I both talked about how the offense would excel once it made the playoffs cause the pressure of the collapse talk would be done with.  Do you think the offense is pressing now because the pressure of being the team most people favored has started up again?

I really think you'll see the offense get back into a funk. I definately think the 3 days off had a really negative effect on the hitters. We were right in the 1st round, but I think we'll see them start to feel more comfortable as the series goes on.

The key for them will be to get enough timely hits early in the series and for the Sox pitching to pick them up. I think they'll be able to do it.

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 01:32 AM)
I love how the second the Sox do something wrong the haters come out.

Huh? I think tonight is pretty symbolic of the people who are usually in these threads. Please tell me you aren't satisfied with the way things are going?

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)
this guy is also the ump that likes to get "tv time" by stepping way out and throwing the ball back to the pitcher and drawing attention to himself.  and can someone tell mark that piece of s*** hitters like that shouldn't hit homers off of him.

Buehrle has pitched well tonight so far. I can live with a solo HR every once and a while

Base hit by Erstad

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
I really think you'll see the offense get back into a funk.  I definately think the 3 days off had a really negative effect on the hitters.

Yup...that was my concern with havin all that time off....complacency.