Angels @ White Sox--ALCS Game 2

Whitesoxfan56

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
He was totally gassed, but more imoprtantly he had just dove and had to get back up and get going again.  Just a bonehead call.  That said, anything less than what Quinlan did (which was spectacular) and he's safe.  You just don't do that with no one out.

It's almost like Cora forgot he just ran 3 bases

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)
Beautiful...double play inning over.

Also, lets not forget all the great plays Uribe's made (post-season included).  Heck he made a stellar one in the 1st inning on Vladdy.

I agree, but he went about that play very nonchalantly.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 07:04 PM)
Blame dumbass Joey Cora for killing everyone's buzz.

hell no. It'd be boring if everyone wasn't raving on every pitch. Thats what the playoffs is all about. It brings some levity to the situation.

QUOTE(WSFAN35 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 05:03 PM)
i'm so sick of all this whining and crying about how their not giving it their all and blah blah blah.  you think these guys don't want to win?

Exactly...these guys are busting there butts. Errors happen and the Sox have been tremendous this season defensively and they'll do the same in the postseason. Sure they've had some errors, but they've also made some tremendous plays this post-season (both offensively and defensively).

I'll say this, Cora's mistake was boneheaded, but it was an agressive mistake. Had they made an agressive mistake last night (ie Uribe going to 2nd and getting gunned down rather than staying on 1st after that play by Kennedy) and we'd have a better shot.

The Sox play agressive and sometimes that will bite you in the ass, most of the time, it will put an extended amount of pressure on the opposing teams defense and pitching and lead to more offense and more errors. The Angels use the same concept.

By the way, I'm not defending Cora cause it was a totally retarded call with no one out. With 1 out, I don't have a problem with it to be honest.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 05:04 PM)
I agree, but he went about that play very nonchalantly.

He always has that odd fielding style. I've just learned to live with it cause thus far he seems to catch almost everything. Just my 2 cents though.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
He always has that odd fielding style.  I've just learned to live with it cause thus far he seems to catch almost everything.  Just my 2 cents though.

Maybe Pinella should have spent less time saying Uribe has an odd fielding style, and more time teaching butchers like Lugo and B.J. Upton how to field.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
By the way, I'm not defending Cora cause it was a totally retarded call with no one out.  With 1 out, I don't have a problem with it to be honest.

What is the difference if there was one out or none? If he was on third with one out we have multiple ways of scoring while making an out. Now if that play happened with two outs i would completely understand.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 05:07 PM)
Maybe Pinella should have spent less time saying Uribe has an odd fielding style, and more time teaching butchers like Lugo and B.J. Upton how to field.

It is an odd fielding style. Pinella hasn't been bad. He's better than the other idiots. I really don't care though, I've learned to zone it out and all I do is watch the game. I'm focused on the Sox.

Now Scotty, be smart on the paths. Washburn is incredibly tough to steal off of.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
What is the difference if there was one out or none? If he was on third with one out we have multiple ways of scoring while making an out. Now if that play happened with two outs i would completely understand.

Because I actually think it was a good call sending him. You just don't do it with nobody out. You never make the 1st out at 3rd or at home. That same rule doesn't apply with 1 out. Plus like I said, it took all that for Quinlan to get him and he just barely got him. Quinlan couldn't of possibly fielded it any better and Jose couldn't have had a quicker tag.

Anything less than absolutely perfect and a run is scored, therefor, I'd send him 100% of the time in that situation with 1 or 2 outs.