good thing we lost last night

Reddy

i just realized something! it's a f***ing good thing we lost last night. see if you can spot a trend:

we came into the season w/ everyone expecting a 4th place finish: we were the best in the AL

everyone expected cleveland to overtake us: we won

everyone expects Boston to crush us: we sweep

now what happens when we're favored? we lose game 1

we ALWAYS do well when were the underdog. now, with a game one loss, we're the underdog yet again. so we're bound to win this thing baby!

QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
i just realized something!  it's a f***ing good thing we lost last night.  see if you can spot a trend:

we came into the season w/ everyone expecting a 4th place finish: we were the best in the AL

everyone expected cleveland to overtake us:  we won

everyone expects Boston to crush us:  we sweep

now what happens when we're favored?  we lose game 1

we ALWAYS do well when were the underdog.  now, with a game one loss, we're the underdog yet again.  so we're bound to win this thing baby!

That is one ugly avatar. It looks like a chia pet Crede.

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 11:42 AM)
The last 4 teams to go to the WS from the AL lost the first game of the ALCS

Until last night, Soscia was 0-5 in the first game of a playoff series.

What I've always loved about the playoffs is that a team's weaknesses always come to the forefront and usually decide the series. Situational hitting and weak defense caught up with the Yankees. Same with the Red Sox.

I think last night's game will prove to be a microcosm of this series with the Angels. One team's ability to execute the bunt and the other's inablility pretty much decided last night's game. There are not many weaknesses on the Angels nor on the Sox. This is going to be a very, very good series that goes back and forth the whole way with very small plays having a very big impact, IMO. Who gets down the bunt, who makes the defensive gem, who moves a runner along, etc.

I love October.

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
The last 4 teams to go to the WS from the AL lost the first game of the ALCS

Now that is a fantastic stat for our Chicago White Sox. Now let's see Mark pitch one hell of a game tonight, the offense return to executing the way they did in ALDS, and send this thing back to California 1-1.

Not to get ahead of tonites big game, BUT do you guys think we can 2 out of 3 in Anahiem? Well if we lose tonite- than WE HAVE TO, if we win tonite, than the pressure is on them in game 3. I'm sick of hearing about that West Coast jinx crap. Lets do some West Coast Damage! What do you guys think?

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
Not to get ahead of tonites big game, BUT do you guys think we can 2 out of 3 in Anahiem? Well if we lose tonite- than WE HAVE TO, if we win tonite, than the pressure is on them in game 3. I'm sick of hearing about that West Coast jinx crap. Lets do some West Coast Damage! What do you guys think?

We are the best road team in baseball. We can win anywhere except Network Associates/MacAffee/whoever bought that company last.

yes I was thinking the same thing, we came in overconfident that the halos were gonna be tired and they jumped on us, we didnt execute and it showed that rest can hurt you, but most of all I ahave to agree we have played all year with a chip on our shoulder and yesterday that chip was on the halos shoulder...and they prevailed...come out swinging Sox and prove to the ney-sayers that we are for real and this season was no flook! You fight harder when your afraid to lose! We have played that way all year...and the first game we come in overconfident it backfires on us...Play your game Sox dont fall vicim to the media and fight for what we all deserve...cause this season will mean nothing without a WS birth and a Championship!