In today's Des Moines Register

mkalk

QUOTE(mkalk @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
This cartoon was on the front page of today's Des Moines Register. Just thought I'd share it.

lol love it cept for one thing... its sorta insinuating that curse thing again... but oh well - i guess thats what we're gonna have to live with from now on

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
I love it!

I even made a post last night about this subject on my blog. 

I was upset about people talking about a curse.  White Sox fans don't believe in such crap and I said in my closing sentance, "Shoeless Joe is in the stands with us cheering on the pale house."

It is about Shoeless Joe's team won a championship, since Babe Ruth's teams have been cleaning up. After all Babe Ruth was known to have stated that Shoeless Joe influenced his play.

Hence the reason for my avatar-------------------------------------------->

QUOTE(toasty @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 06:57 PM)
make it worth your while, stop in at national farm toy museum while your at it in dyersville

I'll bite, what in the world is a farm toy? Tickle me eggplant? Little pig Barbie dolls? Excuse my ignorance but it conjures up some wierd images.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
Great picture. I've been to the Field of Dreams numerous times. Have any of you?

I had the AWESOME cahnce to go there last year. It was a dream come true. My now wife's family and her and I had a small family vacation in Debuque. We went to the field for a few hours. It was great! I'll never forget it.

QUOTE(toasty @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 06:57 PM)
make it worth your while, stop in at national farm toy museum while your at it in dyersville

Yeah that place is awesome too. Yeah sorry I didn't know how far it is from Chicago. The field itself is the size of a little league field. I'd guess about 250 feet in all directions, not sure though.

I was wearing my 1919 road gray cap by the 9th inning. I had one by one tossed them aside, trying to find the correct rally cap. I forgot about the significance until Cheat's shop-job.

What sucks is after we attract all the casual Cub fans to Cominsky, they'll take up collections to get poor Joe some shoes :lolhitting

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
I was wearing my 1919 road gray cap by the 9th inning. I had one by one tossed them aside, trying to find the correct rally cap. I forgot about the significance until Cheat's shop-job.

What sucks is after we attract all the casual Cub fans to Cominsky, they'll take up collections to get poor Joe some shoes  :lolhitting

After all they bought Woo-woo some teeth... :bang