Sox @ Angels - ALCS Game 3

Heads22

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(wherehaveyougoneharold @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)
It seems like their bullpen is better than their rotation. :gosox2:

Yeah, but I keep telling you...their bullpen can only take so much.

The Yankees took them to extra innings int he 2nd game of a 3 game series earlier this year...ended up winning that game because the Angels ran out of their top 3 guys - Shields, KRod, Donnely.

The next game, it was like the 4th game pitching in a row for KRod and 3rd for Shields, and I think Shields wound up with the blown save.

The Angels lost hte next game in their bullpen too.

You get these guys to work and they wear down. The A's did it to the Angels a couple times this year too. We've got like 6 guys who can get outs, a couple who can pitch multiple innings, they've got a bunch of 1 innign guys that you can wear out and beat if you do so.

If we get to their bullpen in the 6th tonight with a 4 run lead...that's massive. Because we'll have a good shot at winning and a good shot at wearing out their top guys at the same time.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 01:42 AM)
Little unlucky there too. Nice piece of hitting Scott.

If Figgins didn't make every single play look tough, it would have been a routine play. Pods likely chased ball four, but at least it looked like he had a plan at the plate.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 01:43 AM)
People will always think nationally televised games are against the sox no matter who is int he booth.

Berman was bad, but Buck is generally regarded as the best announcer in baseball. Personally, I enjoy listening to Buck.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
And Figgins is good defensively.  Is it luck when Crede makes a good play?

I didn't say the play was unlucky. It wasn't. It was a good play. What was unlucky was that he hit it hard and it went right to the fielder.