John Cusack at Game 2

Linnwood

To be fair, Cusack has made it to quite a few Sox games in the past. He was at a handful last year too.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-nws-nocelebs12.html

The Boston Red Sox have actors Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner as fans. The Cubs count Bill Murray and Billy Corgan in their ranks.

But at Sox Park, there are virtually no celebrities around, except for Mayor Daley and former Sox minor leaguer (and Bulls great) Michael Jordan.

"We don't need celebrities here," Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf said before Tuesday's game. "We have real fans."

Reinsdorf is almost militant in that belief. When actor John Cusack reportedly inquired about getting tickets recently, Reinsdorf rejected him. He still remembers when Cusack -- who starred in "Eight Men Out'' about the 1919 "Black Sox'' who threw the World Series -- became the world's biggest Cubs fan during the North Siders' 2003 playoff run.

"Cusack used to be a White Sox fan," Reinsdorf said, recalling Cusack coming to the Sox 2000 playoffs. "He showed his true colors. Now that we won, someone on his behalf called my office. I wouldn't give them to him."

Let's see. Here's Cusack's history of fandom:

2000: White Sox fan

2003: Cubs fan

2005: White Sox fan

Neither team wants you on their bandwagon, Cusack. And take your sister with you. Those U.S. Cellular commercials make me want to slit my throat. I'm glad Reinsdorf told Cusack to F OFF in not so many words.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 11:50 PM)
whatever.. I'm still a fan of Cusak and Belushi, and I dont *hate* the Cubs.  (please dont kill me)

I'm still a fan of Cusack and Belushi('s older brother), and I thoroughly *hate* the Cubs. :fthecubs

So it is written, so shall it be.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 07:15 AM)
Plus, it wasn't that JR wouldn't give him the tix.  It's that CusacK wouldn't cough up the. . .  TWO DOLLARS!

I_Want_My_Two_Dollars.jpg

I know that after JR turned Cusack down, John was hoping Jerry wouldn't...........

...........Say Anything.

I'm sorry..... :D

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 08:13 AM)
Wow, that's a nice clean sharp Sox cap he's wearing.

How DOES he keep his hat so clean after all these years of loyal White Sox fandom?????

Hey, I have a couple new ones also. I guess a true Sox fan buys one hat in his lifetime.