The Pregame concert, for those who went

Dick Allen

1st off, that concert was way out of place. I have never heard 40,000 people so quiet in my life. There were some pity claps, but that was it.

The guy was pretty talented, just no one had any idea who he was and his bluegrass style was not suited well at all for 40,000 people in a rock concert atmosphere.

Anyway, anyone catch him at the end? "Thanks Chicago. Go Red Sox!"

:bang

Reminded me of that one Airline commerical where the guy says "We love you Detroit" and the crowd goes quiet as he finds out it was Cleveland he was in.

Oh yeah, and who ever did that national athem kicked ass, and so did the Sox guitar.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
who played?

No idea who he was.

He just had a wood guitar and mic and that was that. They said he was in a band, but took on a singles career and has a couple songs atop the Billboards charts.

Then there was the guy who did a Jimi Hendrix style National Athem. It was really, really good and his guitar had an awesome Sox logo on it. I believe they just said he was a local guy though.

Don't know his name, but he sang a Rusted Root song. As for the guy who played the National Anthem, that kicked ass. Certainly no Jimi, though.

Obama looks like he could be a crafty lefty in someone's bullpen.

Edited by robinventura23