They should pull that ump.. Because....

whitesoxownyou

They just showed how he was calling other dropped 3rd strikes yesterday. Rowand swung and missed a ball in the dirt, Eddings had that deal were he sticks his arm out and watched the catcher tag Rowand and then came with the out or as he calls it now, strike call. Eddings might not have said anything but he definitely signaled AJ out. It was a huge break and thank God the Sox took advantage.

There are some very funny things being said on sports radio today in LA - this guy is getting skewered! :P

As I've pointed out about 20 times today to Angels fans, the call put a runner on first base with two outs. It didn't bring home the winning run. It didn't put a man in scoring position. "GET. OVER. IT." has been my refrain.

I've read what these umps have to go through to get to the Majors and I do not think Eddings will be intimidated in any way by the media outcry or the LA crowd. I respect the toughness they aquire working their way up. There are times when they are blind, times when they are just wrong, but I've never had a feeling they were cowed.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
MLB says he made the right call, so in their eyes, there is nothing to make up!!!

You are right and if he is supported by MLB that's all the counts. I am not owrried and we shouldn't be paranoid. The Umps are professionals.

I heard Tim McCarver scream for the instant replay to be implemented. BS in my opinion. The umpires are just as much a part of the game as the players. It's a human thing performing and calling a game and not a computerized version of a real life sport. I like it the way it is. I think I might start this as a new post.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
I would pull him not for that but because Angels fans will be ruthless towards him.

He will not be the home ump till at least game 6, so he should be alright in Anaheim..............maybe :unsure:

Edited by CYGarland

They shouldn't pull that ump becuase he saw thought the ball hit the dirt, and really just froze for a second. He didn't sell the call well with the fist pump, but it doesn't matter.

I for one belive Josh Paul should have put the tag on if he wanted to put AJ away right there. Escobar was throwing mostly splitfingers, and if his glove HAS to touch the ground to make the catch, you still tag the batter even if YOU knew it was a catch.

Were just lucky Bengie Molina wasn't in, becuase he would tagged out AJ, he's too smart to jst throw the ball up to the mound and assume inning over.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
He will not be the home ump till at least game 6, so he should be alright in Anaheim..............maybe  :unsure:

Actually, he will not be behind the plate the reat of the series.

Game 3, LF. Game 4, RF. Game 5, 3B. Game 6 (If Nec.) 2B. Game 7 (If Nec.) 1B.

I have friends who know Eddings and they tell me he's a good guy, and a tough guy. If he though AJ was out, he would have called him out, pure and simple.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 05:41 PM)
If he makes a call like that against the Sox, there will be about 40,000 William Ligues that have something to say about it.

Maybe you'd stoop to that level. The thought wouldn't even enter most Sox fans minds.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 01:58 AM)
Maybe you'd stoop to that level.  The thought wouldn't even enter most Sox fans minds.

I would be holding my breath, praying that some idiot doesn't give Sox fans another embarrasing moment.