Our next center fielder?

Flingz

I know willie just got a hit and all but he just doesn't cut it as an everyday center fielder. Who do you all want to get for center or bring up and put in center. I say we unload some young talent and get someone who can get the job done day in and day out

I know willie just got a hit and all but he just doesn't cut it as an everyday center fielder.  Who do you all want to get for center or bring up and put in center.  I say we unload some young talent and get someone who can get the job done day in and day out

If I could have anyone??? I'd wait for Konerko to get hot and then trade his ass for some quality prospects or whatever we could get for him. I'd move Carlos Lee to first base. Then I'd swing a trade for Carlos Beltran from the Royals and try and sign him to a long contract with the money that we have freed up from Konerko. Next year our lineup looks like this:

Jiminez/Miles/Harris/Whoever - 2B

Beltran - CF

Thomas - DH

Ordonez - LF

Lee - 1B

Borchard - RF

Crede - 3B

Valentin - SS

Olivo - C

Guest hotsoxchick1

lee at 1st?????that thought scares the hell out of me.....he cant catch in lf what makes you think he can do a better job at 1st???? yikes.... :o if i had to i would rather dump konerko and lee pick up a good cf and maybe some help for the pen.. dump white... we can play frank at 1st for a while.. he always bats better when hes playing the field.......maybe it will wake him up a bit????? mho

lee at 1st?????that  thought scares the hell out of me.....he cant catch in lf what makes you think he can do a better job at 1st???? yikes.... :o  if i had to i would rather dump konerko and lee pick up a good cf and maybe some help for the pen.. dump white... we can play frank at 1st for a while.. he always bats better when hes playing the field.......maybe it will wake him up a bit????? mho

Yeah I thought about that...but Lee was originally a 3B so maybe he could make the transition. He's still a young guy and you don't really need a great defensive guy at first anyway. If Mo Vaughn can pull it off I think Carlos could handle it. I'd really rather see Konerko go before Lee tho.

I know willie just got a hit and all but he just doesn't cut it as an everyday center fielder.  Who do you all want to get for center or bring up and put in center.  I say we unload some young talent and get someone who can get the job done day in and day out

I would love to see a kid named Endy Chavez who plays for Montreal be the Sox next centerfielder. Maybe we can trade someone over there again to acquire him...then again the Expos probably won't let him go.

CWSOX45

I like Milton Bradley quite a bit over in Cleveland.

Beltran would be sweet too. In regards to Carlos, he could play first easily. He'd have better range then PK and his arm would be fine for the position. There would be somewhat of a learning curve, but first base is much easier then left field.

I wouldn't bet on it either, but Borchard may be one of those guys that sits for a while before he finally gets it. Right now I think by July he should be thrown up here anyway and start making his adjustments here.

Reed and Yan are two guys I really like in the future group. The Sox current prospects seem to be much much faster and much more sound players (Defensiely, base running, etc) which is something I am happy about.

I really think Reed and Yan will be part of a very fast top of the order (Although one may be in the 9 hole eventually) because Jimenez is gonna be at the top of the order a long time, imo.

I wouldn't bet on it either, but Borchard may be one of those guys that sits for a while before he finally gets it.  Right now I think by July he should be thrown up here anyway and start making his adjustments here. 

Reed and Yan are two guys I really like in the future group.  The Sox current prospects seem to be much much faster and much more sound players (Defensiely, base running, etc) which is something I am happy about. 

I really think Reed and Yan will be part of a very fast top of the order (Although one may be in the 9 hole eventually) because Jimenez is gonna be at the top of the order a long time, imo.

Yan has 26 SB's and Reed has 14. Nice.

I can't see KC trading Beltran as long as they are contending. Plus, he's a free agent after this year and will get a big time salary next year from somebody. He is not in our cards. It turns out that Chris Singleton would have been the man for the job after all, since Rowand didn't come through. I bet the brass are wishing that he will force his way back onto the team this year.

Shortstop and center field will be sore spots next year.

I can't see KC trading Beltran as long as they are contending.  Plus, he's a free agent after this year and will get a big time salary next year from somebody.  He is not in our cards.  It turns out that Chris Singleton would have been the man for the job after all, since Rowand didn't come through.  I bet the brass are wishing that he will force his way back onto the team this year.

Shortstop and center field will be sore spots next year.

Beltran is UFA after '04.

It looks like CF is our main problem right now. Although a lot of people rip Jimenez. He does run like his head is up a certain part of his anatomy that stinks the place up bad. Sometimes his fielding is shaky, but I think he can do it. If not bring up Miles. I question a trade for a CF. If we do that what about Borchard? If he goes to left then what happens to CLee? I am thinking Rowand might be back up soon if Harris doesn't start hitting. Does he even have a steal yet? He has a few singles and that's it. Don't know how much longer we can wait for him to prove he belongs right now? Rowand got three hits the other night for Charlotte.