World Series Tickets go onsale Tues

Allsox

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
All of the ones I'm working seem to be getting through rather quickly.

And, are you being put on hold now, or are you just getting the same message I'm getting, "Press 1 for White Sox", "Press 1 for White Sox WS Tix", "Press 1 for Game 1", yada yada yada?

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
Thanks

Last question, are you guys just at the World Series ticketmaster site, refreshing it until noon?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04003B2C...4&minorcatid=10

I suggest not refreshing every few seconds when noon arrives. I just attempted it right now, to have a guage of how quickly the page reloads, and a page popped up which prohibits me from accessing tickets for "several minutes." I understand its purpose;but it's been nearly 5 minutes and I still can't access the ticketpage.

Don't screw yourselves trying this.

NOTE: Reload more than 7 times within a short period of time and you'll come up with the warning.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 11:34 AM)
I suggest not refreshing every few seconds when noon arrives. I just attempted it right now, to have a guage of how quickly the page reloads, and a page popped up which prohibits me from accessing tickets for "several minutes." I understand its purpose;but it's been nearly 5 minutes and I still can't access the ticketpage.

Yes that happened to me and it went back in less than 5 min you just can not flood their server.

I still can not get thru at 866-SOX-GAME

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:34 AM)

NOTE: Reload more than 7 times within a short period of time and you'll come up with the warning.

O.K., then I wait until my cell phone and computer read 11:59 and 59 seconds and then I hit it...right?:D

I wonder if the official clock Ticketmaster uses is in line with mine.

How if I attempt ordering tickets at 12:00 on my computer, when it reality, ticketmaster had already begun selling several minutes before?

To avoid that issue, I'm beginning at 11:57 and reloading once every 20 seconds. I'm sure everyone is thinking similarily--but you know there are several thousand people waiting for their clock to hit 12 before attempting to purchase tickets.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

I found this on the TickMaster.com game selection window.

"You may only purchase tickets to (1) game of the Series!

There is a (4) ticket limit per household for the game that you choose.

ORDERS FOR MULTIPLE GAMES AND ORDERS EXCEEDING THE 4 TICKET LIMIT WILL BE CANCELLED WITHOUT NOTIFICATION! "

I knew it was only 4 per game, but you can only buy one game dam. I say dam and I have not been able to get tixs for one game :P

:gosox3:

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
I wonder if the official clock Ticketmaster uses is in line with mine.

How if I attempt ordering tickets at 12:00 on my computer, when it reality, ticketmaster had already begun selling several minutes before. 

To avoid that issue, I'm beginning at 11:57 and reloading once every 20 seconds.

use your cellphone

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 11:42 AM)
This moment reminds me of the 1st time I got really, really drunk and I had my head in the toilet promising God all the things I'd do if he'd just make it stop.

"God, if you allow me to get WS tix, I will never, ever......."

LOL. I feel the same way but i think i am out of promises because i said the same thing right before i got ALCS tix