World Series Tickets go onsale Tues

Allsox

QUOTE(Cloudyguy09 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
is it possible for me to get fake tickets off ebay? and if so can i get my money back?

Yes, it is possible to get a fake, but realistically that's true of any ticket, printed or E-mailed. The difference is that it is conceivable that someone could sell the same ticket in different places and someone wouldn't know about it until they got to the gate. I'd avoid anyone with a feedback under 50, maybe higher. Theoretically, E-bay has free insurance up to like 2 grand, but I'm not really sure how that works. I'd look into it if you are genuinely concerned.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gone from bad to worse for me.

Not only was I unable to get tix for game 6 or 7 (had the exact same problems everyone else did), but now there's a hurricane that may hit where I live (Fort Myers) on Saturday night, so I may lose power and not be able to watch game 1 or 2.

I think I may have to evacuate to Orlando or however far north it takes to get a hotel room with electricity where I can watch the Sox game on Saturday and not worry about Hurricane Wilma preventing me from watching the Sox.

Tickets officialy sold out in 18 minutes.

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/pr...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

World Series tickets for games at U.S. Cellular Field sold out

CHICAGO -- Several thousand individual-game tickets to each of four potential World Series games that could be played by the 2005 American League Champion Chicago White Sox at U.S. Cellular Field sold out today in 18 minutes.

The World Series begins Saturday, October 22.

QUOTE(canes98 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)
It's gone from bad to worse for me.

Not only was I unable to get tix for game 6 or 7 (had the exact same problems everyone else did), but now there's a hurricane that may hit where I live (Fort Myers) on Saturday night, so I may lose power and not be able to watch game 1 or 2.

I think I may have to evacuate to Orlando or however far north it takes to get a hotel room with electricity where I can watch the Sox game on Saturday and not worry about Hurricane Wilma preventing me from watching the Sox.

Dude, I live right down the road. If I wasn't working this weekend I'd say we should hit up Stevie's or Pelican Larry's.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)
Look at the bright side...

The new Ashlee Simpson cd came out today....

Whoa....whoah, that shouldn't be in green Alex :D :P

On the bright side, my Brandon McCarthy jersey came in the mail today. Looks freaking sweet. Now hopefully he turns into the pitcher he's capable of being and was down the stretch :cheers

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
Whoa....whoah, that shouldn't be in green Alex  :D  :P

On the bright side, my Brandon McCarthy jersey came in the mail today.  Looks freaking sweet.  Now hopefully he turns into the pitcher he's capable of being and was down the stretch  :cheers

Whoops your right, sorry about the green. :lol:

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
If I can't find some tix at a reasonable price, I'll be in the city for the two games so I'm down for watching a game someplace with tons of Sox fans.

You're booked Saturday night and Sunday. :lol:

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
Whoa....whoah, that shouldn't be in green Alex  :D  :P

On the bright side, my Brandon McCarthy jersey came in the mail today.  Looks freaking sweet.  Now hopefully he turns into the pitcher he's capable of being and was down the stretch  :cheers

Wow, I guess you didn't hear. B-Mac was traded today.

Per the WS Website:

"Can fans tailgate before White Sox games?

Tailgating is allowed and encouraged in White Sox parking lots A-F before every home game until game time. Parking lots open two hours prior to game time. Please use personal-size grills and bring one gallon of water to extinguish the coals. In order to maintain a family atmosphere, kegs are not permitted in the lots."

Now -- my question is -- Will non ticket holders be allowed to remain in the parking lot -- boozin it up -- for the duration of the game?

QUOTE(BDavisFutureHOF @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
Now -- my question is -- Will non ticket holders be allowed to remain in the parking lot -- boozin it up -- for the duration of the game?

No. That is never allowed. Keep reading..

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
No. That is never allowed. Keep reading..

I got a couple Cubs guys here planning on going down there to raise holy hell on Saturday. Both of them the type of guys the Sox are accused of having for fans. BUt be well aware, they are HUGE Cubs fans. I'm thinking I will just keep my mouth shut. They will be drunk for sure...so let 'em get arrested. They will also be wearing Cubs gear...so no worries about them being mistaken for Sox fans.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 03:00 PM)
I got a couple Cubs guys here planning on going down there to raise holy hell on Saturday. Both of them the type of guys the Sox are accused of having for fans. BUt be well aware, they are HUGE Cubs fans. I'm thinking I will just keep my mouth shut. They will be drunk for sure...so let 'em get arrested. They will also be wearing Cubs gear...so no worries about them being mistaken for Sox fans.

I feel sorry for anyone who goes down to the games in cubs gear. There is nothing they can say, they will get screamed at, and will be severely outnumbered.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 03:00 PM)

Oooo.. I hope they run into me...