World Series Tickets go onsale Tues

Allsox

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:22 PM)
Yeah, people are going to put this on Brooks and what not again, when it's not his doing.  This is just a mess.  I know the Sox haven't been there in a billion years, but they need to catch up with the times and do a lottery or something.  Ticketbastard can't handle this s***.

i know its not on brooks but he's someone that can do something about it, unlike us who get the shaft and have no say.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Allsox @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:24 PM)
This is NOT the White Sox' fault....This isn't even Ticketmaster's fault....Too much demand and not enuff supply....That's all it is so please, don't bring this up at the Seminars at Sox Fest cuz they won't be able to help or offer advice....

Lottery. At least then you don't THINK you are 2 minutes away from getting a ticket. And don't have to worry about a slow server when you are submitting your CC number as your tickets get released.

I can't even get the pages to load right. I got screwed out of a place in line twice because the damn word verification wouldn't load. In a couple of cases I couldn't even get to the event page. I'm down to one spot in line on the first computer I used. It's never been at more than a 4 minute wait, but it's been stuck on 2 minutes for quite a while now. If the page would actually load, I'm sure it'll tell me tough luck at this point.

QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
i know its not on brooks but he's someone that can do something about it, unlike us who get the shaft and have no say.

Brooks' department is not tickets.

His title is Vice President, Marketing. Yes, he's approachable, but I don't think he has ANY control over this.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
Brooks' department is not tickets. 

His title is Vice President, Marketing.  Yes, he's approachable, but I don't think he has ANY control over this.

i understand that, but he's still part of the organization and can send the complaints onto the right person and whatnot.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
If you were a season ticket holder for the 2005 season, what is the minimum-game ticket plan that guaranteed you World Series tickets?

The 13 game Ozzie plan only got 1st Round tix but a 27 game ticket plan would guarantee you one World Series game....

Edited by Allsox

QUOTE(Allsox @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:24 PM)
This is NOT the White Sox' fault....This isn't even Ticketmaster's fault....Too much demand and not enuff supply....That's all it is so please, don't bring this up at the Seminars at Sox Fest cuz they won't be able to help or offer advice....

That's why the lottery makes sense. You still may have a snowball's chance, but it levels the playing field.

Swing and a miss on tix here, btw. Surprised? :P

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
Lottery. At least then you don't THINK you are 2 minutes away from getting a ticket. And  don't have to worry about a slow server when you are submitting your CC number as your tickets get released.

That's where I'm still stuck.

I guess I'm gonna give up.

QUOTE(BDavisFutureHOF @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
MOTHER f***ING TICKETMASTER/SCRUB FANS! This is horses*** -- my pops has been a fan of this team since the early 30's and we can't get tickets but this f***ing duech bag Scrubs fan next to me got 4 to games 1 AND 2 -- Only to f***ing sell them!

I seriously feel like beating this s*** bag senseless!

:fight

You can take solice in the fact that they'll cancel his order, because they only let you get tickets to one game.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
Not surprised that almost everyone on here struggled to get tickets.  Oh well, I'm not going to let this ruin my excitement for the WS.

I'm bummed that I can't go to Chicago now, but I still get to see the games. I don't think anyones pissed about that.