World Series Tickets go onsale Tues

Allsox

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
I gave up on my one search that was still running. I put in a request for 2 tickets to game 2, got in line shortly after noon, and now the server has been telling me I have a 2 minute wait for about half an hour.

I have the same problem, except one ticket to game six...

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:36 PM)
Now that surprises me.  I would think that teams would have a choice about whether they choose to sell on the open market or conduct a "lottery" like the Astros did.

MLB controls CS and WS tickets.

Game 1 is entirely sold out. I got there with 4 people through the queve got that error message, dropped down to 2, got that error message, and now at 1 get that error message.

Right at 12 I got through one on of them only to have it drop out with some stupid error message. Oh well, what you going to do.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
Like a broker wouldn't hire 100 people to get in line for the lottery either....

I'm not thinking it would or should be a get in line thing.

Why not do it like they did for the 2003 ASG, where you sent in a postcard if you wanted a chance to buy tix. I wanted to go, I sent in 200 postcards, and I got tix.

For the World Series I'd happily send in 500. Damn the postage and frull speed ahead! :D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 05:41 PM)
I'm not thinking it would or should be a get in line thing.

Why not do it like they did for the 2003 ASG, where you sent in a postcard if you wanted a chance to buy tix.  I wanted to go, I sent in 200 postcards, and I got tix.

For the World Series I'd happily send in 500.  Damn the postage and frull speed ahead!  :D

Huge difference between setting up a lottery for a set event months in advanced, and then having to sell tickets a week prior to the World Series.

The lottery could be contained to people registered at whitesox.com like the Cubs/Sox extras were. They could have made it so you had to be registered before a certain date. Of course it is MLBs call, but considering they hold lotteries in STL and HOU the teams do have some influence on how the tickets are to be sold.

Think about this. Perhaps if Houston had won last night it would have been easier to get tickets today. Maybe there is a lot of St. Louis people also trying to get tickets, phone internet whatever. Just adds to the congestion. If they dont go and have tickets they would probably sell them. But if STL had been elimnated last night I bet there would have been less traffic.