DID THAT JUST HAPPEN?

witesoxfan

Wasn't JM ejected before Koch came in.  I know they say the manager still makes the calls even if he isn't in the dugout, but if I saw it right he was ejected on the play at 2nd where Thomas was safe, but was called out.

You are correct.

That was a dumbass move, and a great heads up play by Jerry Hariston Jr to throw the ball over there.  I don't know what DA was doing... :huh:

He was being himself. Stupid moron.

Speaking of Jerry.. I sat with his mom and dad last night. His dad still wears those HUGE glasses :D and they are just the nicest people. Sr. said he "can't wait" until Jr is with the Sox. :huh:

Wouldn't that be nice...

No mention of dickhead Jiminez's bonehead play at third base..??  :huh:

At least he got on base. When will Jose Valentin's average (identical to Thomas,) become an issue. I agree that Jimemez has done some stupid things but compared to Konerko and Buerhle he is not on the radar screen of reasons we are failing. If he wasn't thrown out at third he probably wouldn't have scored anyway. This play is Kimm not being clear to stay at third when rounding the bag. I really do not understand why Jimemnez is blasted here he is doing his job and has soem flaws but over-all I think we can win with him.

At least he got on base.  When will Jose Valentin's average (identical to Thomas,) become an issue.  I agree that Jimemez has done some stupid things but compared to Konerko and Buerhle he is not on the radar screen of reasons we are failing.  If he wasn't thrown out at third he probably wouldn't have scored anyway.  This play is Kimm not being clear to stay at third when rounding the bag.  I really do not understand why Jimemnez is blasted here he is doing his job and has soem flaws but over-all I think we can win with him.

I dunno which game you were watching, but he was not "rounding" anything. He was near stopped when he suddenly took steps to home. There was not a snowballs chance in hell he ever could have made it home. He should be shot for even thinking about it.

At least he got on base.  When will Jose Valentin's average (identical to Thomas,) become an issue.  I agree that Jimemez has done some stupid things but compared to Konerko and Buerhle he is not on the radar screen of reasons we are failing.  If he wasn't thrown out at third he probably wouldn't have scored anyway.  This play is Kimm not being clear to stay at third when rounding the bag.  I really do not understand why Jimemnez is blasted here he is doing his job and has soem flaws but over-all I think we can win with him.

A lot of peolpe in here hates Jimenez, he continues to get on base and people don't recognize his talents, just his flaws.

it will always be like that. some people just fail to see a person's upside. they hear of a guy being a prick so they rip him for everything. god forbid, like a player can't change, and even if not, his job is to play baseball, which he's done a hell of a job of.

Jimenez has been the only guy in this offense that has gone 0-4 and has still been productive. unlike everyone else who goes 0-4 with two strikeouts, a double play, and a popup, Jimenez will go 0-4 with a lineout, fly out, two groundouts, and walk, while still taking 5-6 pitches an at bat.

nobody realizes how BIG this team needs a patient, consistent "hitter".

Speaking of Jerry.. I sat with his mom and dad last night. His dad still wears those HUGE glasses  :D  and they are just the nicest people. Sr. said he "can't wait" until Jr is with the Sox.  :huh:

Wouldn't that be nice...

Supposedly he wouldn't be too tough to acquire. I heard the Orioles announcers mentioning that. I remember there was some talk about getting him last season.

it will always be like that. some people just fail to see a person's upside.  they hear of a guy being a prick so they rip him for everything.  god forbid, like a player can't change, and even if not, his job is to play baseball, which he's done a hell of a job of.

Jimenez has been the only guy in this offense that has gone 0-4 and has still been productive.  unlike everyone else who goes 0-4 with two strikeouts, a double play, and a popup, Jimenez will go 0-4 with a lineout, fly out, two groundouts, and walk, while still taking 5-6 pitches an at bat.

nobody realizes how BIG this team needs a patient, consistent "hitter".

As usual I agree with ya Mario. One of my favorite things about DJ is wathcing him hit. He works the count perfectly and has an awesome eye. Then when he's down in the count he fouls balls off until he can get his pitch or draw a walk and more often then not he's sucessful. He also clobbers the ball. Rarely do I see him weakly pop up or something along those lines. He knows what to do with the bat. His approach is brilliant, imo.

I still think he will get even better too. This guy has .330 hitter with a .420 obp written all over him, imo.

On a sidenote, how the hell is this guy compared to Royce. Different position and Jimenez is one of the best leadoff hitters in the majors, he's also at least an average defensive second baseman and a solid baserunner (I'd say he's an above avg baserunner to be honest - VERY agressive, but more often than not it works for the best).

CWSOX45

We hit about .285 tonight. not great, but a lot better than the last few games.

It's not about getting hits though, it's about getting hits that matter.

We hit .285 and only managed one run?

Shows how good our situational hitting is. We can sure bunch together hits when we need it. :rolleyes:

:fyou Ward

Speaking of Jerry.. I sat with his mom and dad last night. His dad still wears those HUGE glasses  :D  and they are just the nicest people. Sr. said he "can't wait" until Jr is with the Sox.  :huh:

Wouldn't that be nice...

Supposedly he wouldn't be too tough to acquire. I heard the Orioles announcers mentioning that. I remember there was some talk about getting him last season.

Sidney confirmed that.. He also told me that the Sox have inquired about him, too.

I gave him real estate advice last nite ;)

Hairston Jr....he appears to be a solid player, and there'd be a possibility I'd take him over Jimenez's lazy-ass. He doesn't draw many walks....though he has this year(19 in 36 games? he had 44 in like 160 games in 2001)....and he's got good speed, and apparently has some pop too.

I'd give them PK and DJ for Hairston and Ponson maybe....someone like that.

Sidney confirmed that.. He also told me that the Sox have inquired about him, too.

I gave him real estate advice last nite  ;)

The Sox meaning Kenny asked about him?

No idea for sure.. but that is what I would assume. He's a FA after this year. And he's not asking for the moon and the stars.. Could be interesting.