I'm in love

hammerhead johnson

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 12:24 AM)
Oh man, those are outstanding.  I used to be more of a Doritos guy, but Jays just blows everyone away nowadays.

I cannot stand anything jays outside of krunchers. Over the years they have gotten too oily tasting for me. Seems like to me they are using a different oil in the past three years or so than they use to. :huh

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 05:28 AM)
I cannot stand anything jays outside of krunchers. Over the years they have gotten too oily tasting for me. Seems like to me they are using a different oil in the past three years or so than they use to. :huh

I like their ridged chips a lot. The Jalapeno Cheddar ridged chips are good, although I'd prefer a little more jalapeno and a little less cheddar.

I can go for some flamin' hot Jays from time to time, although I can't eat very many in one sitting.

Krunchers are the highlight though, no question.

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 12:55 AM)
I believe if you would try Cape Cod brand potato chips, you might change your preferences.  I buy no other kind.

classicbag170x270.jpg

Those are the best chips in the entire f***ing planet. Hands down.

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 11:55 PM)
I believe if you would try Cape Cod brand potato chips, you might change your preferences.  I buy no other kind.

classicbag170x270.jpg

I had a serious case of the munchies the other weekend, and I ate a whole big bag of those chips before falling asleep.

Potato Chip Thread....very nice Hammer...very Chicago.

I really only enjoy two types of chips.

1) BBQ Jays----------salavating

2)Tayto Irish Chips, imported from Ireland-----I need a little help from the Southside Irish on board. Those are called Tayto, are they not? They have some real interesting and delicious flavors. Problem is, you can really only get them at those Irish import stores.

Cool thread.

Edited by AddisonStSox

My mom used to stop in Door County every year and buy a huge bag of mustard pretzels. These things were the shiznit. Regular pretzels covered in a dusting of mustard, which was still moist. You had to eat them sort of fast after you opened the bag, because they just werent as good after they dried up. I couldnt find a picture of anything similar.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 09:56 AM)
2)Tatyo Irish Chips, imported from Ireland-----I need a little help from the Southside Irish on board.  Those are called Tayto, are they not?  They have some real interesting and delicious flavors.  Problem is, you can really only get them at those Irish import stores.

Yes, that is the name. My dad's favorite "flavor" is the vinegar and salt type. I have been to Pat Jacks (Ridgeland a few blocks north of 111th) to get them in a little while, but they are tasty! :cheers

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 10:16 AM)
My mom used to stop in Door County every year and buy a huge bag of mustard pretzels.  These things were the shiznit.  Regular pretzels covered in a dusting of mustard, which was still moist.  You had to eat them sort of fast after you opened the bag, because they just werent as good after they dried up.  I couldnt find a picture of anything similar.

Gardetto's mustard pretzels aren't too bad.....

....2)Tayto Irish Chips, imported from Ireland-----I need a little help from the Southside Irish on board.  Those are called Tayto, are they not?  They have some real interesting and delicious flavors.  Problem is, you can really only get them at those Irish import stores....

Thinking “surely they don’t call them ‘chips’ on that side of the pond,” I went searching for more information. Their website certainly is slow and annoying! I really wanted to download the latest TV adverts, but gave up.

3outof4.jpg

http://www.taytocrisps.ie/default2.asp