Good Sox bars?

valponick

I'm from NWI and there are some decent Sox bars around here but for this weekends games I want to go somewhere different, I have read on this board about a couple of places named I think Jimbos and Schallers(sp?), just curious exactly where those bars are at and what would be the best place to go where I could watch the game with fellow Sox fans. I don't mind so much going to bars around here but you always have that small contingent of scrubs fans and when the beer is flowing that never turns out good for me, so any input would be appreciated.

I'm from NWI and there are some decent Sox bars around here but for this weekends games I want to go somewhere different, I have read on this board about a couple of places named I think Jimbos and Schallers(sp?), just curious exactly where those bars are at and what would be the best place to go where I could watch the game with fellow Sox fans.  I don't mind so much going to bars around here but you always have that small contingent of scrubs fans and when the beer is flowing that never turns out good for me, so any input would be appreciated.

Nick, Schaller's is where we met you to give you those tickets earlier this year, 37th and Halsted.

FYI - Jimbo's and Schallers are nice because of the crowd, but they're nothing like 'sports bars' you're used to. They don't have 15 big screens or plasmas all over. They are just local bars with a couple of tv's and die hard sox fans. Good times, but I don't know if it's worth the drive in from Indiana.

IMO every place is gonna be jammed with sox fans this weekend. You don't need a 'sox bar'. You can go to any Buffalo Wild Wings and have your pick of big screen and be surrounded by Sox fans.

Whatever you choose.... :gosox1:

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 01:38 PM)
FYI    -  Jimbo's and Schallers are nice because of the crowd, but they're nothing like 'sports bars' you're used to.  They don't have 15 big screens or plasmas all over.  They are just local bars with a couple of tv's and die hard sox fans.  Good times, but I don't know if it's worth the drive in from Indiana. 

IMO every place is gonna be jammed with sox fans this weekend.  You don't need a 'sox bar'.  You can go to any Buffalo Wild Wings and have your pick of big screen and be surrounded by Sox fans.

Whatever you choose.... :gosox1:

Trust me, the BDubs here will be littered with Cub fans out to root against the Sox, it's just how this area is. It's only about a 15 minute drive for me to the park, same distance as BDubs in Schererville (in Whiting right now). And I'm looking more for atmosphere, I have a plasma TV in my living room......it's the least of my issues, just want a White Sox winner tonight :gosox4:

QUOTE(valponick @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 08:52 AM)
Trust me, the BDubs here will be littered with Cub fans out to root against the Sox, it's just how this area is.  It's only about a 15 minute drive for me to the park, same distance as BDubs in Schererville (in Whiting right now).  And I'm looking more for atmosphere, I have a plasma TV in my living room......it's the least of my issues, just want a White Sox winner tonight :gosox4:

If you're looking for a dive to go to, Waterworks in Lyons Il....Right off Harlem and 55...I'll be there and you can play the Go Go Sox song all night if you want.

Jimbo's is two blocks directly across from the park. Somebody here posted the Mapquest map.

It is, like they said, a dive. It's not a plasma-screen sports bar. I think they have two TVs. But it is Sox central. Redwood's is a few blocks away, but also not a sports bar.

But like everybody said: any sports bar in Chicago is going to be showing the Sox right now, so take your pick. Even the Wrigleyville bars are showing the Sox games. So you can't go wrong.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 11:35 AM)
Jimbo's is two blocks directly across from the park.  Somebody here posted the Mapquest map.

It is, like they said, a dive.  It's not a plasma-screen sports bar.  I think they have two TVs.  But it is Sox central.  Redwood's is a few blocks away, but also not a sports bar.

But like everybody said: any sports bar in Chicago is going to be showing the Sox right now, so take your pick.  Even the Wrigleyville bars are showing the Sox games.  So you can't go wrong.

Yeah, go to Wrigleyville, Great Idea. :P

Edited by tonyho7476

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 10:37 AM)
Try one of those bars near 111th/Western.  I'm sure they'll all be packed with Sox fans.

From NW IN make your way to Western Ave from 101st to 117th pick a bar and go in. McNally's will give free drinks when anyone homers against the cubs, you get the idea. For Sports Bar 115th and Kedzie Bourbon Street, place is massive. MVP was at Cork & Kerry last Friday, great beergarden. The southside is rocking right now all Sox fans. When teh cubs were playing every bar was a Marlin bar.

I remember there being a few threads on this. But one particular bar I remember is The Neutral Zone in a suburb called Westmont (63rd & Cass Ave). Huge TVs and some Sox players were prone to hang out there during the season. There's also Brixie's in Brookfield. Although, I'm sure these days, any bar would be a "Sox Bar".

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 08:29 AM)
If you're looking for a dive to go to, Waterworks in Lyons Il....Right off Harlem and 55...I'll be there and you can play the Go Go Sox song all night if you want.

Was it you that posted that link to an online jukebox? If so, do you happen to have it handy, I've been looking all over but can't find the original post.