Early heart troubles for Curry?

This could be Pax doing a Larry Brown out of Detroit type smear, but somehow I think Pax is a lot better than that. AP Report.

New York better keep a very, very close eye on this kid, otherwise they may wind up with a body lying in the middle of their court. This adds to the scariness.

New York Knicks center Eddy Curry first experienced chest pains during training camp last year while he was a member of the Bulls, according to a published report.

The previously unreported health scare occurred last October, five months before the 22-year-old Curry was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat, Bulls general manager John Paxson told SI.com in a report posted on the Web site Thursday.

"It was during a conditioning drill, and Eddy complained of chest pain and lightheadedness," Paxson told SI.com. "We took him to the hospital."

Paxson said that an exam provided no explanation for Curry's symptoms.

That seems like a 2nd occurrence of the problem. About half a year apart. In other words...it may very well have not been a 1 time random thing when Curry suffered the infamous dizziness spell.

I wonder if Pax told New York about that spell before he traded Curry.

Isiah is all about the fame. He will bolt for the door as soon as the problems set in, he has done that at every place he has touched since he retired. The guy almost singlehandedly brought down the CBA, Toronto Raptors, and his coaching in Indiana was mediocre at best. Now the Knicks are realizing how bad he is, but yet they still let him throw around money like it is going out of style.

Like my man Steve Czaban once said; Isiah will run in the house with his handy torch in hand, light up the couch, the drapes, the walls, all the while telling you that he is tearing down the old to reconstruct the new. Then he will conveniently step out of the front door when the roof comes crashing down, and walk down the street saying "I dont know what happened back there...."

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
I thought he was a fine coach in Indiana.... I mean he is horrible as a GM and everything but I thought he was a good coach just that Bird never gave him a chance.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/IND/

1998 Coach- Bird Record- 58-29 lost in Eastern Conference Finals

1999 Coach- Bird Record- 33-17 lost in Eastern Conference Finals(strike year)

2000 Coach- Bird Record- 56-26 lost in NBA Finals

2001 Coach- Thomas Record- 41-41 lost in 1st round

2002 Coach- Thomas Record- 42-40 lost in 1st round

2003 Coach- Thomas Record- 48-34 lost in 1st round

2004 Coach- Carlisle Record- 61-21 lost in Eastern Conference Finals

2005 Coach- Carlisle Record- 44-38 lost in Eastern Conference Semi-finals

Come on, Isiah did a bad job with good players, and they barely scraped out a .500 record and never got out of the 1st round. Carlisle was handed the same players and dominated. Bird dominated with the players he handed off to Isiah, and isiah couldnt hack it.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 12:31 PM)
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/IND/

1998 Coach- Bird  Record- 58-29  lost in Eastern Conference Finals

1999 Coach- Bird  Record- 33-17  lost in Eastern Conference Finals(strike year)

2000 Coach- Bird  Record- 56-26  lost in NBA Finals

2001 Coach- Thomas  Record- 41-41  lost in 1st round

2002 Coach- Thomas  Record- 42-40  lost in 1st round

2003 Coach- Thomas  Record- 48-34  lost in 1st round

2004 Coach- Carlisle  Record- 61-21  lost in Eastern Conference Finals

2005 Coach- Carlisle  Record- 44-38  lost in Eastern Conference Semi-finals

Come on, Isiah did a bad job with good players, and they barely scraped out a .500 record and never got out of the 1st round.  Carlisle was handed the same players and dominated.  Bird dominated with the players he handed off to Isiah, and isiah couldnt hack it.

You do realize that Indiana was rebuilding after they made it to the NBA Finals, right? Isiah had to develop a very raw Jermaine O'Neal since they traded away All-Star Dale Davis. They also had to develop Al Harrington, Jamaal Tinsley and others. They also lost Rik Smits, Jalen Rose became lazy after his fat contract, Austin Croshere was severaly overpaid with Bird's advising. It's not as plain and simple as you made it Kyyle.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
Ok he is a nice guy.. but why feel sorry for him.... he was offered 20 million just to stay away from basketball... ......

because nobody wants to see him die. I have no ill will towards him. I hope he has a great life and career. The last thing i want to see him is dead. If he still has a heart problem he better quit basketball and do whats best for him.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 03:09 AM)
because nobody wants to see him die.  I have no ill will towards him.  I hope he has a great life and career.  The last thing i want to see him is dead.  If he still has a heart problem he better quit basketball and do whats best for him.

Lol who said they wanted to see him dead... thats why he was offered 20 million just to STAY AWAY from the game.... be mad he left sure but feel bad for a guy that was greedy and willing to risk his life because of it... no good.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
Lol who said they wanted to see him dead... thats why he was offered 20 million just to STAY AWAY from the game.... be mad he left sure but feel bad for a guy that was greedy and willing to risk his life because of it... no good.

Yeah, what an asshole for wanting to play professional basketball, his lifelong dream. :P

I will never feel sorry about the ridiculous amounts of money that professional athletes make, but I'm sure some of them actually love to play and want to do nothing else.

Do you think it's possible he wants to play because he loves the sport?

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 04:08 AM)
Yeah, what an asshole for wanting to play professional basketball, his lifelong dream.    :P

I will never feel sorry about the ridiculous amounts of money that professional athletes make, but I'm sure some of them actually love to play and want to do nothing else.

If he loves the sport so much why not get in shape to play it until last year.......And sure he can like it but is it risk your life to play a "game".... I love playing basketball too but I cant make a living doing it and he was able to making a living just to stay away from it.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 11:13 PM)
If he loves the sport so much why not get in shape to play it until last year.......And sure he can like it but is it risk your life to play a "game".... I love playing basketball too but I cant make a living doing it and he was able to making a living just to stay away from it.

Ok. I get it. You're another Curry-hater. That's fine.

I've lost my affinity towards him now that he no longer will be wearing red and black too.

His playing shape prior to last season really doesn't belong in the discussion, but I'll address it. Curry dominated in high school at a fairly heavy weight. He went straight to the NBA at a very young age, and he was obviously immature. I think it just took him a couple of seasons to get his act together.

And I'm not exactly sure why you used yourself as an example. It sounds like you never really played at a high enough level to make a fair comparison.

If the doctors clear him, he's gonna play. It's that simple. He wants to play.

Im a Curry hater.... wow maybe you want to look at the threads during the NBA season last year.....ask WHarris or Qwerty... I am a huge fan of what Curry brings.... but feel bad for a guy that is getting paid 60 million and would of been paid 20 million to sit on his ass at home? Im sorry but no good.

I used myself because you said he loves to play the game.... Well so do I whats your point......

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
Im a Curry hater.... wow maybe you want to look at the threads during the NBA season last year.....ask WHarris or Qwerty... I am a huge fan of what Curry brings.... but feel bad for a guy that is getting paid 60 million and would of been paid 20 million to sit on his ass at home?  Im sorry but no good.

I used myself because you said he loves to play the game.... Well so do I whats your point......

So your argument is that he should walk away from the game and never play again? :huh:

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)

Curry dominated in high school at a heavy weight. When he entered the NBA, the Bulls had some of the worst personel working for them. Floyd didn't know what he was doing. Cartwright had the right idea, but lost the team. No one ever told Eddy, you're too fat and you need to lose weight. No one ever gave him s*** for his defense until Skiles arrived. That's when Curry decided he would dedicate himself even more.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 05:56 PM)
Curry dominated in high school at a heavy weight. When he entered the NBA, the Bulls had some of the worst personel working for them. Floyd didn't know what he was doing. Cartwright had the right idea, but lost the team. No one ever told Eddy, you're too fat and you need to lose weight. No one ever gave him s*** for his defense until Skiles arrived. That's when Curry decided he would dedicate himself even more.

it didn't hurt that he was in a contract yr as well.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 04:41 AM)
So your argument is that he should walk away from the game and never play again?    :huh:

My argument is he take the DNA test and accept the outcome.... if he passed he would of been able to be paid 70 million and play for his home town team if not he would get paid 20 million to stay away from a game that could kill him....... Whats to feel bad about.....I feel bad for Paxson for doing everything possible to comfort Eddy and getting only his negative attitude because of it.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 11:08 PM)

I love tobacco...but once it becomes a threat to any part of my life, I'm giving it up in a second. If I can't get a girlfriend or a job because of tobacco use, I'm going to stop using tobacco...plain and simple. If I were ever near getting cancer because of it, I'd drop it in a second.

Does the same principle not hold true here?

If you could know now what will kill you, would you take the test? Many people would not. I can understand him not taking the test. Plus at that point, if he takes the test he loses a freedom and liberty we take for granted, a choice in careers.