Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 04:17 PM)
It was Damir Krupalija, and yeah he did receive a medical red-shirt.  The NCAA has to approve it, but they usually do.  Brian Randle received one from last year even though he played in a few games at the very start of the year as well. 

All in all though a very tough blow for IU though I still think they will go as the outside shooting takes them.  Killingsworth is still in my opinion the top big man in the big 10, but if Vaden and Strickland hit big shots, IU is still going to be very dangerous.

HAHA, Im embarrassed as hardcore of an Illini fan as I am. I called him Andy, because I've always thought Andy Pettitte looked like Damir, so I started calling Andy Pettite, Andy Krupalija and vice versa.

Ahh, my mind finally caught up to me.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
Man, nobody wants to play VT this year. They have some crazy athleticism with plenty of ballhandling and will pull a few big upsets this year. Meanwhile, Roy has coached UNC to 10-2 now, and 2-0 on the ACC. I'm teetering on the fence about getting my hopes up for a tournament berth, as I know this team will lose a few that they shouldn't have with the inexperience. But its a hell of alotta fun watching them try.

You need to loosen up man. You guys might lose a stupid game or two like the USC one due to youth, but your a real good team in general, and will win 20 or 21 games and go dancing.

Well actually I'm teetering from not getting my hopes up for a berth, to now believing we have a legitamate chance, especially with the ACC being down. I thought this team would struggle alot on the road, but they actually have played well, outside of 25 turnovers last game.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 01:08 PM)
Well actually I'm teetering from not getting my hopes up for a berth, to now believing we have a legitamate chance, especially with the ACC being down. I thought this team would struggle alot on the road, but they actually have played well, outside of 25 turnovers last game.

Yeah, and plus the Heels are very balanced. Hansbrough is a STUD who is difficult to handle for anybody, you get very solid work from the upperclassmen Noel and Terry, who have both REALLY stepped up as they have finally got big minutes this year, and the rest of the young crew, although not putting up huge numbers, are solid contributors. Roy has done as good a job coaching this team as any I can remember going back to when he first got to Kansas. Although I'm an Illini fan, I like Roy and respect the job he does as a coach, so I can't really dislike UNC....even after last year.

41-39 MSU at the half. I'm surprised we're still in this. I expected MSU to just come out blazin' with their situation and finally being at home. IU will have to still play at a ridiculous level to have any chance to win this.

Killingsworth's just going to continue to have to carry the load, especially if MSU is going to be play timid defense to avoid the fouls.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 06:53 PM)
41-39 MSU at the half.  I'm surprised we're still in this.  I expected MSU to just come out blazin' with their situation and finally being at home.  IU will have to still play at a ridiculous level to have any chance to win this.

Killingsworth's just going to continue to have to carry the load, especially if MSU is going to be play timid defense to avoid the fouls.

Marco is playing well but you might want to tell him to stop traveling. ;)

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)
Hes making a Killing.

Paul Davis looks like a pussy.

LOL right.

I guess its easy to come on here and say stuff like that when you're frustrated and getting beat like a drum.

The 2nd half is much more representative of what I thought this game would be like in the first place. Nice defensive adjustment for Michigan State coming out of the 2nd half; they really locked IU up. MSU needed to get on the board in the Big Ten, and they will tonight.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
FWIW, he said that at halftime.  It was anyone's game then.

Whenever he said it, no reason to call someone a pussy. Especially an all big ten guy who just scored 23.

I like both teams, obviously MSU moreso, but it appeared to me that Killingsworth looked tired in the second half and was taking some cheap shots at Davis.

I was pissed about the last one when he pulled the jersey cause that was just completely out of line and classless.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 02:18 AM)
Villanova and Rutgers in OT as we speak, 783 for those of you with DirecTv.  EDIT: Nova wins.

Oh, and Paul Davis is a wimp.  A REALLY REALLY good player, but a wimp.  :)

Who in their f***ing right mind would talk s*** to Marco? I mean, he'd kill you.