Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 06:46 PM)
Is there much of a doubt who has the better team?

Actually there is, one team has only one loss. Don't forget you are at home.

WTF did I say about breathing on Kill? Damn...

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 04:48 PM)
If the refs let us play I'll let you know.

The foul count in the first half was 10-7, Il/IU. Not totally even but it is @ Indiana...and that's not anywhere close to the refs "not letting you play". I was at an OSU/IU game where there was like twice that number. That's not letting them play.

Defense is what got IU back in this game.

I expect a dogfight in the 2nd half. IU needs to protect their home court and win against a great team. They need this win more than Illinois needs it, but the Illini certainly aren't going to lay down for them.

Great game. Two very good if not great teams. Doesn't get much better than this, does it boys???

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 06:52 PM)
The foul count in the first half was 10-7, Il/IU.  Not totally even but it is @ Indiana...and that's not anywhere close to the refs "not letting you play".  I was at an OSU/IU game where there was like twice that number.  That's not letting them play.

I'm not b****ing about the foul calls. Maybe 1 or 2 were kinda s***ty, but us in foul trouble, especially Augie, isn't anything out of the norm. We are on the road. I just expect it to be somewhat fair, and it has been thus far. Though the no call on Marco for throwing the ball, that's inexcusable.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 12:52 AM)
Yeah that was garbage.

Throwing elbows and balls when someone plays you physical?  Yeesh.

I'm not condoning it, but he is not the first player to ever throw an elbow in a game. He is an intense player and he will fight for his territory inside. Give Illinois players credit for harassing him big time in the first half. This is no excuse for the elbow, but your guys caused it by playing him hard. Consider it a compliment. If it doesn't repeat itself and he holds his composure, then I will consider it an anomaly.

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 06:52 PM)
Defense is what got IU back in this game. 

I expect a dogfight in the 2nd half.  IU needs to protect their home court and win against a great team.  They need this win more than Illinois needs it, but the Illini certainly aren't going to lay down for them. 

Great game.  Two very good if not great teams.  Doesn't get much better than this, does it boys???

If this game goes to the free throw line at all, we lose.

It'd be great to steal this game. Just give yoursefl a chance, be in the game with 5 minutes left and go from there.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
I'm not condoning it, but he is not the first player to ever throw an elbow in a game.  He is an intense player and he will fight for his territory inside.  Give Illinois players credit for harassing him big time in the first half.  This is no excuse for the elbow, but your guys caused it by playing him hard.  Consider it a complement.  If it doesn't repeat itself and he holds his composure, then I will consider it an anomaly.

Oh I know I'm not saying what he did was some rare feet but that was pretty s***ty. First he gets called for an intentional foul with the elbow but that doesn't stop him from tossing the ball into another players face.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 06:52 PM)
The foul count in the first half was 10-7, Il/IU.  Not totally even but it is @ Indiana...and that's not anywhere close to the refs "not letting you play".  I was at an OSU/IU game where there was like twice that number.  That's not letting them play.

Did you see the foul calls that went against Augie and Pruitt? Those were as weak as they come. I'm clearly frustrated right now, over exaggerated, but IU is definitely getting all the calls.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
I'm not condoning it, but he is not the first player to ever throw an elbow in a game.  He is an intense player and he will fight for his territory inside.  Give Illinois players credit for harassing him big time in the first half.  This is no excuse for the elbow, but your guys caused it by playing him hard.  Consider it a compliment.  If it doesn't repeat itself and he holds his composure, then I will consider it an anomaly.

Agreed, i like irritating him, letting him throw elbows/balls. Take him out of his game a little bit if we can.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 18, 2006 -> 12:56 AM)
Oh I know I'm not saying what he did was some rare feet but that was pretty s***ty.  First he gets called for an intentional foul with the elbow but that doesn't stop him from tossing the ball into another players face.

I agree, but it also doesn't happen if Illinois isn't frustrating the s*** out of him. Like I said, consider it a compliment. lol