Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 06:09 PM)
Rushing the floor?

Is ILL ranked No.1 or something?

I guess that's just what happens when you are no longer an elite program.

Something like that would never happen on Izzo's watch.

Give em a break...it's been a while.

While i didn't see any of the first half, I liked the fight we put up at the end. Just the fact that we didn't lay down was enough for me to be somewhat happy tonight.

While a win would have fantastic, IU is a damn good team and there's no shame in losing to them on their court.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 08:16 PM)
im laughing pretty hard at all the Illini fans wondering about the floor rush.. dear Illinois........

you suck

hahahahaha

but you guys are clearly better

i mean a 2 point win at home

CLEARLY SUPERIOR

congrats indiana on a good home win. killingsworth is a beast, no doubt, and to win when vaden has such an off night is a plus. also props to wilmont. he showed some sack tonight and was better than i'd heard.

as for illinois, there are tons of things that piss you off about how they played, but i think they learned some things about the kind of team they are going to need to be in the second half. pruitt, randle and frazier showed me a lot tonight, and frankly they outplayed dee and augie. if those guys can ever get on the same page, i think this team could get on a roll.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
congrats indiana on a good home win. killingsworth is a beast, no doubt, and to win when vaden has such an off night is a plus. also props to wilmont. he showed some sack tonight and was better than i'd heard.

as for illinois, there are tons of things that piss you off about how they played, but i think they learned some things about the kind of team they are going to need to be in the second half. pruitt, randle and frazier showed me a lot tonight, and frankly they outplayed dee and augie. if those guys can ever get on the same page, i think this team could get on a roll.

Killingworth is a good player but what a thug. He should have gotten a couple of technicals for his bulls*** tonight. After calming down that would be my only complaint about the officials. You have the elbow to Pruitt's face, throwing the ball at Pruitt, and then taunting Dee after a block that was nothing special. He needs to learn some class.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
Since it might get lost with the tough loss.

Chester Frazier can play some defense. :)

The good:

-Dee's Pg play, his shooting was off but he did a great job setting people up

-Pruitt was a stud

-Randle played very well tonight

-Chester's heart and D

The bad

-Dee's shooting

-FT shooting :stick

THe ugly

-Rich McBride

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
The good:

-Pruitt was a stud

-Chester's heart and D

The bad

-Dee's shooting

THe ugly

-Rich McBride

Agreed on all accounts.

Rich McBride is more and more frustrating as the games go by. Jamar needs to starting taking his minutes.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 08:21 PM)
Agreed on all accounts.

Rich McBride is more and more frustrating as the games go by.  Jamar needs to starting taking his minutes.

First off, Chester Frazier is going to be a very solid point guard for this team before he is done. He played excellent defense tonight and, though I doubt he will ever be a scorer, the Illinois offense seems to run very well when he's on the floor.

With regard to Rich McBride, no he did not shoot the ball well tonight, but neither did anyone from the outside. Rich still plays much better defense than Jamar, and I really do not think Jamar Smith has a very good grasp of the offense right now. Most of his open looks have come off in transition. Give him some time and that will come around. No, Rich has not shot the ball very well, especially on the road, but until Jamar Smith becomes more than just a shooter, the Illini are better off with McBride, and maybe even Frazier, on the floor.

Finally, just a great game from Pruitt and Randle. Notice that both Ager and Vaden have really struggled when they played the Illini which is largely a result of Brian Randle.

All in all, a tough loss to swallow, but not one that was unexpected. The Illini just need to steal a couple road wins and hold serve at home and they will be in the Big 10 race at the end.

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)
With regard to Rich McBride, no he did not shoot the ball well tonight, but neither did anyone from the outside.  Rich still plays much better defense than Jamar, and I really do not think Jamar Smith has a very good grasp of the offense right now.  Most of his open looks have come off in transition.  Give him some time and that will come around.  No, Rich has not shot the ball very well, especially on the road, but until Jamar Smith becomes more than just a shooter, the Illini are better off with McBride, and maybe even Frazier, on the floor.

The thing was Rich's ballhandling and passing was also terrible tonight and he had 0 assists. He brought nothing to the table tonight.

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)
With regard to Rich McBride, no he did not shoot the ball well tonight, but neither did anyone from the outside.  Rich still plays much better defense than Jamar, and I really do not think Jamar Smith has a very good grasp of the offense right now.  Most of his open looks have come off in transition.  Give him some time and that will come around.  No, Rich has not shot the ball very well, especially on the road, but until Jamar Smith becomes more than just a shooter, the Illini are better off with McBride, and maybe even Frazier, on the floor.

How about shooting less then?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 17, 2006 -> 08:32 PM)
The thing was Rich's ballhandling and passing was also terrible tonight and he had 0 assists.  He brought nothing to the table tonight.

No, I agree completely that Rich did not show up tonight. I just really don't think Jamar is ready to be starting or taking too many of those minutes. Now Chester Frazier may start to see some of those minutes because it seems to me that he is further developed on the defensive end and has a better understanding of what to do in the half court offense. All in all though, I agree that we do need to see more from Rich than he showed tonight.

Definitely a game of runs. We always start slow, but that was just ugly. It looked like you guys were just going to rout us in our own building. Then, we started to hit the trey ball.

Wilmont was definitely huge, and he was able to get us up to that 15 point lead. And Killingsworth finally got things working in the 2nd half. Yes, he's had some cheap shots the past couple games. I acknowledge that, but they haven't affected the outcome of the game.

The best thing IU did tonight was rebound though. If they can do that against a bigger Illinois, there's no reason we shouldn't be doing that every night. We've been getting out rebounded badly all season. It was nice to see us finally limit second chance points, and have some second chance opportunities of our own.

We needed this though, if we're going to do anything in the Big Ten. You have to protect home court, and we survived.

And for the record, I did NOT rush the court, though I had a great seat and could have. :P

The good:

-Indiana Basketball

-Getting owned by Roderick Wilmont even if he had no ankles

-stopping marco killingsworth a couple of times

-Pruitt was a stud

-Chester's heart and D

The bad

-Dee's shooting

THe ugly-

-Having quite possibly the skinniest frontcourt ever, ever heard of the wieght room Illinois?

-Rich McBride

- illinois basketball

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang