Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
Perfect.  I prefer ESPN, they actually do the games in HD.  Well at least all of the Iowa ones I've watched on ESPN thus far were on HD.  Every once in a while I'll see one not, but I assume the Iowa/IU game will be :)

Should be a doozie.

The Indiana @ Iowa game is INDEED in HDTV Tuesday night. Let's hope the Hoosiers whip the damned Hawkeyes in the wonderful spectacle of High Definition!!!

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 07:04 PM)
I still hate Northern Iowa with a passion, and I hope they mess up the rest of their season.

Ha, they're a solid team. They stole a win from us up in Des Moines hopefully we'll pay them back when they come down here for the last game of the season.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 11:06 PM)
Ha, they're a solid team.  They stole a win from us up in Des Moines hopefully we'll pay them back when they come down here for the last game of the season.

Who did they play in Des Moines?

McDermott's still an ass.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 23, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
The Indiana @ Iowa game is INDEED in HDTV Tuesday night.  Let's hope the Hoosiers whip the damned Hawkeyes in the wonderful spectacle of High Definition!!!

Ya, I'm pumped. We know crowd noise won't be a factor, but Iowa needs to protect home court big time. They got IU tomorrow and than OSU at home later in the week. Definately a tough stretch and it would be nice for them to start it off by beating Alford's former team.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 12:22 AM)
Ya, I'm pumped.  We know crowd noise won't be a factor, but Iowa needs to protect home court big time.  They got IU tomorrow and than OSU at home later in the week.  Definately a tough stretch and it would be nice for them to start it off by beating Alford's former team.

Saturday against OSU...should be a great game!

One of my favorite under the radar teams took a major hit. Maryland will not have Chris McCray for the rest of the year due to academic ineligibility.

They might be able to survive this issue without too much trouble. Mike Jones is a very capable scorer that can really shoot. He will almost certainly slide into the starting spot now. It also helps that the ACC doesn't look as tough as usual this year. However, McCray was a solid all-around player while Jones is more one-dimensional. They'll miss McCray's defense and leadership, plus he was one of few guys on the team that would actually pass the ball. They also won't be as deep without him, which was one of their main strengths.

I'm just so upset that he won't be playing against UNC both times this year... :bang

Mike Jones is an enigma to me. He was a Mickey D's AA, and is athletic and can shoot the lights out. Yet he's never gotten p/t at Maryland. Everytime I see him in the game, he's bombing 3's from all over the court. I guess his defense must be atrocious, that or his attitude.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 24, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
Micah Downs leaving Kansas...

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/13700764.htm

Dad says he's going "home". Wherever that may be. He's lived in Washington, Las Vegas, Missouri and a few more places. Kansas people were shocked with this transfer, even though he wasn't getting much P/T.

Any idea where he might end up? A McDonald's AA last year if I recall correctly, and a pretty good shooter, maybe Gonzaga or Washington if he wants to go home?

Big Big Big Ten Game tonight with Indy vs. Iowa. I am really hoping the Hawkeyes pull it out. With Wisconsin's recent on-court struggle and some off-the-court problems, an Indy loss will even out the Big Ten race. However, if they win, I think they might take the title. 5-1 is a damn good start.