Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 09:59 AM)
I guess I will see the results in the boxscore but I am not sure Strickland at the point will help much.  Having him in the lineup at SG seems the most important to me.

I don't see this affecting too much. I remember when we played tOSU, we had the "no PG" lineup in, and it was very effective. Strick will still be able to play as a 2 guard, as shots are concerned. He's reset the offense a couple times at that position with his knowledge of the playbook. This should work fine.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 03:43 AM)
Yeah, that 17 to 16 free throw attempt edge Iowa had was clearly the ONLY reason they won.

:rolly

Quit your whining.  Every team in the league has lost a game because the homer refs suck, and this doesn't look like a screw job to me.

Not the fouls...the calls on out of bounds and s*** like that, there was at least two of them within the last 2:30 that went to Iowa and should of gone to OSU.

Get this......

Arkansas @ Kentucky is the CBS game scheduled for here rather than the IU game. But the game is being pre-empted by a 700 Club Special. The basketball game will be aired at 2:35AM Monday morning!!

I've never seen anything like this! I'm not anti-God, but what the hell? Living in the Bible Belt sucks!

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
I think Minny is gonna win this game up 17 with 3 minutes left and at home.

3 minutes left in the first half :P

They still have the whole second half to blow it :(

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)
Does any Big Ten team at home lose?  (except for the North Dakota stats game?  lol)

Illinois won at Northwestern

Iowa survived at Penn State, as did Ohio State

Sparty won at tOSU.

Northwestern won at Purdue.

Penn State won at Northwestern.

That's all I can think of, and I'm not kidding. :ph34r:

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 03:15 PM)
I knew this two game swing was going to be tough for IU.  I am just disappointed that they could not find a way to split the two games. 

It doesn't get any easier with UConn coming into town next Saturday.

Fifth place now. We're not going to contend for the Big Ten, if we don't take advantage of these kind of games.

We SHOULD get back on track Wednesday against NW, but it doesn't get any easier after that. Like you said, UConn on Saturday, and then we go to Wisconsin.