Official College Basketball Thread

Duke at BC, with Mike Patrick watching his Blue Devil's play. I wonder how many times we will hear Patrick spew the erroneous fact of Redick being the All-time FT leader. He's actually 3rd among active players, behind Blake Ahearn and Steve Novak and is about to fall to 4th behind Derek Ravio of the Zags who is behind Redick .02 at the moment.

Why do I care? I have no idea.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 04:45 PM)
Sweet first half by Iowa. Purdue has led the whole half, and Iowa looks brutal.  At the break, they trail Purdue 33-25.

I'd LOVE for this upset to happen  :pray

Iowa got there s*** together in the 2nd half. Horner looked awesome. This is the Horner I remember from last year. Definately a different player without the brace. Iowa's defense clamped down in the 2nd half and forced some turnovers and they started protecting the ball.

Shockingly, Alford did a great job making 2nd half adjustments. They showed quite a few different defenses and were able to confuse Purdue for a good part of the half. Purdue did end up shooting exceptionally against Iowa.

Considering our road troubles this year, I take this as a positive as they were able to come back against a poor team on the road, but its still big 10 play and Purdue was shooting ridiculously well for a while.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
Iowa's defense clamped down in the 2nd half and forced some turnovers and they started protecting the ball.

I guess. It was more a matter of Purdue's guards making absolutely terrible passes than anything else. Plus just awful defense on Horner as time after time he came off screens without the big man stepping up to guard him.

Not pretty at all, but we needed the W to stay in this thing. Killingsworth was filthy on the defensive end, and Wilmont had another great game. My buddy and I got so many calls during the game, lol; we were on TV for like every foul shot during this epic.

Next game is Saturday against UConn.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
Iowa got there s*** together in the 2nd half.  Horner looked awesome.  This is the Horner I remember from last year.  Definately a different player without the brace.  Iowa's defense clamped down in the 2nd half and forced some turnovers and they started protecting the ball.

Shockingly, Alford did a great job making 2nd half adjustments.  They showed quite a few different defenses and were able to confuse Purdue for a good part of the half.  Purdue did end up shooting exceptionally against Iowa. 

Considering our road troubles this year, I take this as a positive as they were able to come back against a poor team on the road, but its still big 10 play and Purdue was shooting ridiculously well for a while.

I thought, with the exception of Henderson jumping the lanes, the defense was just as bad in the second half as it was in the first.

Horner, obviously, looked great. He was much more mobile and confident in his stroke. He was constantly coming up short on his shot, and couldn't get up on screens because he was just to slow with the knee brace on. Let's hope that this continues as his confidence in his knee's durability increases.

The difference between the first and second half, was not the defense, it was Horner's shooting and just 1 turnover. More possessions + better shooting = more points = win.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 08:29 PM)
I guess.  It was more a matter of Purdue's guards making absolutely terrible passes than anything else.  Plus just awful defense on Horner as time after time he came off screens without the big man stepping up to guard him.

Part of that had to be by design. Horner had been brutal so far this season from the field. On any other night, it would have been a great idea to let him take 10 wide-open 3's.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)
Michigan barely survives @ Penn State

What the hell happened with Sims? He only played 12 minutes. Did he get hurt or something? That would be a big blow. Abram is still not playing much, so that would leave them with Horton and Harris carrying the team.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)
Part of that had to be by design. Horner had been brutal so far this season from the field. On any other night, it would have been a great idea to let him take 10 wide-open 3's.

I'm sure it was but after a guy starts hitting a few threes you have to make him put the ball on the floor. Horner had hit like 6 threes, Purdue cuts it to one and they still backed off when he hit that three to put Iowa up 6. That is just dumb basketball.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 08:06 PM)
Duke at BC, with Mike Patrick watching his Blue Devil's play. I wonder how many times we will hear Patrick spew the erroneous fact of Redick being the All-time FT leader. He's actually 3rd among active players, behind Blake Ahearn and Steve Novak and is about to fall to 4th behind Derek Ravio of the Zags who is behind Redick .02 at the moment.

Why do I care? I have no idea.

Just heard one...then JJ only made 1/2