Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 09:14 PM)
I haven't heard much.  You've been the only one I ever heard say Jay Wright.

On Saturday, Andy Katz said John Beilein and Tom Crean would be high on IU's list if (when) the spot becomes open.  I'm pretty sure other names will come out later on.

Those are the names I like.

I know Crean would be good, but I don't think he is at hot right now as he was when Marquette was in the Final 4.

I think he'd like to get back into the Big 10.

Beilein would be decent, but Jay Wright is the name I think is most appealing.

Whether or not he would consider IU, I do not know.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 09:14 PM)
So is Duke back @ #1 next week?

I hope not, but they probably will be. Most pollsters feel that they need to drop a team that loses, even if it's a close game on the road against the #4 team in the country.

Great game by Villanova. They played UConn very tough inside, got some good 3-point shooting in the second half, and really took a big advantage in the turnover battle. UConn was a little sloppy, and Nova took advantage. UConn only played a decent game. Gay was very good outside of a couple of shots, and Armstrong was okay. However, Williams turned it over too much and Boone was a non-factor.

This win might have sealed up a #1 seed for Villanova. They've got a pretty solid resume now, and as long as they don't lose to a bottom-half Big East team the rest of the way, I think they should get it.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
This win might have sealed up a #1 seed for Villanova. They've got a pretty solid resume now, and as long as they don't lose to a bottom-half Big East team the rest of the way, I think they should get it.

Yup, Memphis just got f***ed over.

Hell will freeze over before Wright leaves Villanova for IU, so good luck there. Tom Crean is a average coach who's entire resume was built up by 1 man: Dwyane Wade. If you want him, go ahead but it isn't going to go well. I really like Belein, but that style of his isn't going to bring in the kind of recruits people demand at Indiana. Telling recruits you are running a slow, Princeton offense isn't that appealing.

Edited by whitesoxfan101