Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 01:35 AM)
As someone that's not an Illini or Kansas fan, I'll say that while there have been plenty of other better passing big men to play basketball (A. Sabonis is a prime example), Julian Wright is one of the most dynamic post passers in the past decade in college basketball.

I can agree with that. Jimbo said Wright was the best he's ever seen. That's a pretty bold statement. I would have to assume he's either just biased "big surprise there" or he just hasn't watched much college bball outside of Kansas.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 02:17 AM)
I can agree with that.  Jimbo said Wright was the best he's ever seen.  That's a pretty bold statement.  I would have to assume he's either just biased "big surprise there" or he just hasn't watched much college bball outside of Kansas.

I watch almost every game, with every team. Do you watch Wright?? I am amazed at his moves.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 06:57 AM)
The sad thing with Jimbo is he's a very smart fan outside of his unprecedented Kansas homerism.  We should just ban him from talking about KU, and he'd be a very solid contributor.

Just curious what would make you.......

Ah, forget it.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 01:32 AM)
Well how about that for a bet.  KU loses to Texas, i will not speak a word of Kansas for a week.  KU wins, heads will not discuss ISU for a week.

Thanks for the compliment though.

Well since God has a sense of humor, your going to beat Texas by 10 and then come here and call all of us idiots (for good reason).

Just curious what would make you.......

Ah, forget it

:lol: :lol:

That's about all I have left to say to you anymore.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 08:22 AM)
Like I said, I'm suspending myself for a week if KU beats Texas. Don't need to worry about talking about ISU then....

Besides, I need to be back so Rowand and I can talk NOT.....err...NIT hoops. :D

Ugh stop saying that! Your going to make me root for KU just to see if you'll actually go through with it. :bang

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 08:22 AM)
Like I said, I'm suspending myself for a week if KU beats Texas. Don't need to worry about talking about ISU then....

Besides, I need to be back so Rowand and I can talk NOT.....err...NIT hoops. :D

Hey! Don't forget the Gophers! Kings of the NIT, they are.

As much as it pains me to say this, I could see Kansas beating Texas. Tucker and either Buckman or Aldridge are going to have to guard Rush and Wright. That seems like a recipe for disaster. If Kansas hits their outside shots, it could be interesting. Texas definitely struggles when other teams hit outside shots because they can't match it.

That said, Texas should kill that same lineup inside and on the glass. It'll probably come down to who hits outside shots. Gibson and Paulino are pretty streaky, so who knows.

JD would be impossible to live with if it actually happens.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 10:42 AM)

Well if Kansas wins, then we might as well just concede the National Championship this season AND next season to the jayhawks because in all reality there is no reason to play out games where the outcome isn't even in question. The actual games would be a technicality for the juggernaut that is Kansas Jayhawk Basketball.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 11:13 AM)
Well if Kansas wins, then we might as well just concede the National Championship this season AND next season to the jayhawks because in all reality there is no reason to play out games where the outcome isn't even in question. The actual games would be a technicality for the juggernaut that is Kansas Jayhawk Basketball.

lol.

Chalk on the sidewalk says jayhawk......or something like that

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 09:42 AM)
As much as it pains me to say this, I could see Kansas beating Texas. Tucker and either Buckman or Aldridge are going to have to guard Rush and Wright. That seems like a recipe for disaster. If Kansas hits their outside shots, it could be interesting. Texas definitely struggles when other teams hit outside shots because they can't match it.

That said, Texas should kill that same lineup inside and on the glass. It'll probably come down to who hits outside shots. Gibson and Paulino are pretty streaky, so who knows.

I can see it going either way to be honest. Those are two very good teams imo.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 10:13 AM)

Do you have a newsletter? :notworthy

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK b****ESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 12:31 PM)
Do you have a newsletter?  :notworthy

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK b****ESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Do you care to subscribe? :P

In all honesty Kansas has been rather impressive lately. I wish them well (ok not so much) but the slobberfest by jimbo has gotten under my skin a little.

I'm also wondering where DukeNukeEm went after Indiana has gone in the tank. Is he helping Killingsworth down from my wall after getting posterized by Randle yesterday afternoon?

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 12:35 PM)
Do you care to subscribe?  :P

In all honesty Kansas has been rather impressive lately. I wish them well (ok not so much) but the slobberfest by jimbo has gotten under my skin a little.

I'm also wondering where DukeNukeEm went after Indiana has gone in the tank. Is he helping Killingsworth down from my wall after getting posterized by Randle yesterday afternoon?

He's banned.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 12:42 PM)
Yeah, i remember DukeNukem's crap during the Illinois @ Indiana game.

Chisoxrd, good luck getting Marco off your wall

It was much harder getting him up there..gravity is my biggest ally this time around.

USA TODAY/ESPN Top 25 Poll

1. Duke (26)

2. Villanova

3. Memphis (3)

4. Connecticut (2)

5. Gonzaga

6. George Washington

7. Texas

8. Illinois

9. Florida

10. Pittsburgh

11. Tennessee

12. Ohio State

13. Boston College

14. North Carolina State

15. West Virginia

16. Michigan State

17. UCLA

18. Kansas

19. Washington

20. Oklahoma

21. North Carolina

22. Iowa

23. Georgetown

24. LSU

25. George Mason

Dropped out: No. 24 Bucknell

Others receiving votes: Wisconsin (18-7) 32; UAB (19-5) 23; Bucknell (21-4) 21;

Northern Iowa (22-6) 21; Nevada (20-5) 17; Colorado (17-6) 10; Marquette (18-8) 9;

California (16-7) 8; Iona (20-5) 6; Alabama (15-9) 5; Murray State (20-5) 5;

San Diego State (18-7) 5; Michigan (17-7) 4; Western Kentucky (20-5) 4;

Air Force (21-5) 3; North Carolina-Wilmington (20-7) 3.